SOLVED

Re: Owner field

Go to solution
audreyhuo
Level 1

Owner field

I am using the Create Task flow step for the first time. I am wondering if I can use a token in the "Owner:" field?

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 7.11.08 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Alas, just tested and a {{lead.token}} with the SFDC ID of the Owner doesn't work.

What you can do as a workaround (and it is annoying) is include the desired Task Owner in the Task Description (which does support {{lead.tokens}}) and then use Flow, Process Builder, Apex, etc. in SFDC to parse that out and transfer the ownership.

You'd want to assign the Task to a placeholder User to start with, so the Contact Owner never is bothered by it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman

You may be able to use a token that stores the SFDC ID, not the Email Address of the User. Test and see!

Michael_Florin
Level 10

While "Test and See" is always great advise - and I honestly don't know the outcome - but I fear this won't work. In two related flow steps, tokens do definitely not work:

Michael_Florin_0-1619696664582.png

This lack of functionality was already described years ago by Greg here:

https://nation.marketo.com/t5/product-discussions/marketo-salesforce-integration-needs-a-serious-ove...

(Now that I look at it again, Greg also mentions that you can't use tokens in the "Create Task" flow step).

SanfordWhiteman

Alas, just tested and a {{lead.token}} with the SFDC ID of the Owner doesn't work.

What you can do as a workaround (and it is annoying) is include the desired Task Owner in the Task Description (which does support {{lead.tokens}}) and then use Flow, Process Builder, Apex, etc. in SFDC to parse that out and transfer the ownership.

You'd want to assign the Task to a placeholder User to start with, so the Contact Owner never is bothered by it.

Chris_Francis
Level 4

@SanfordWhiteman Any other thoughts where access to "Flow, Process Builder, Apex,etc" is not accessible to the Marketing team?

Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@Chris_Francis , maybe this is an opportunity to engage with the broader SFDC team in your business.