SOLVED

Overview Budget per Marketing Activity

Go to solution
Emmanuelle_Biss
Level 5

Overview Budget per Marketing Activity

Hello!

We're doing different Marketing Activities to promote content, and I would like to know whether it would be possible to also add a note within the activity that says how much was spent on what medium.

For exemple, we're promoting an ebook during the months of March, April and May.

In March, we spent $10K on Network A, $5K on PPC, $2K on Network B.

In April, we spent $5K on Network A, $15K on Network C.

In May, we spent $5K on Network B, $5k on Network D.

Is this information something that can be added onto the marketing campaign? And if yes, is there a way to get that information onto a chart?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Emma

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Re: Overview Budget per Marketing Activity

Yes, you can run a report that includes Period Costs without having RCE. You'll just need to set up a Program Report that includes only the Programs you want to report on and the total costs (as well as cost per member, etc) will appear for the given Period Cost timeframe you've selected. If you want to do this on a month-by-month basis, you'll have to reconfigure the timeframe for each report and export them separately, then combine each report to show a chart.

If the Programs you'd like are tagged by with Channel (ex: Google AdWords, Online Advertising, etc), then you won't have to select each Program individually; you would only have to filter by Channel, which saves some manual work.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well you can add a program cost tag to your prgram.  In fact you can add as many as you would like and then report on them in RCE.

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Yup. I agree with Jamie Lewis​ that using Program Costs is the way to go here. As far as a chart, what type of chart? I frequently use the Program Analyzer to see Program Costs vs Whatever (new names, opportunities, etc).

Emmanuelle_Biss
Level 5

Thanks Jamie Lewis and with Jennifer DiMaria​ for your answers! We currently do not have the RCE installed on our Marketo, and I was trying to find a way to get a view on the budget spent per program without it. Can we still include program costs without this feature, or is it a must-to-have?

In terms of charts, I was thinking something like Monthly spendings per Program (Adwords, Bing, Network A, Network B, etc.)

Something like this graph:

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks for your comments!

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Yes, you can run a report that includes Period Costs without having RCE. You'll just need to set up a Program Report that includes only the Programs you want to report on and the total costs (as well as cost per member, etc) will appear for the given Period Cost timeframe you've selected. If you want to do this on a month-by-month basis, you'll have to reconfigure the timeframe for each report and export them separately, then combine each report to show a chart.

If the Programs you'd like are tagged by with Channel (ex: Google AdWords, Online Advertising, etc), then you won't have to select each Program individually; you would only have to filter by Channel, which saves some manual work.

Emmanuelle_Biss
Level 5

Hi Jennifer DiMaria​! Thanks for your answer. Alright perfect, I'll set up the Program Report for each program as you described. We have them tagged by channel, so it's gonna help!

Thanks for your help

Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

If you have the budget, you may want to consider an outside vendor to do more extensive multi-touch reporting. From what you're saying, I'd recommend looking into Bizible. They're great for cost-per-touch attribution inside of SFDC. They also solve the always prevalent UTM/adwords attribution problem.

Emmanuelle_Biss
Level 5

Hi Kristen Malkovich​! Thanks for your answer! As for now, we're not looking for an outside vendor, but I'll keep that in mind if we ever need more data intelligence. Thanks!