SOLVED

Mailchimp RSS info syncing to Notes & Attachments in SFDC

Go to solution
Kelly_Schmid3
Level 4

Mailchimp RSS info syncing to Notes & Attachments in SFDC

We currently use Mailchimp for our RSS feed for weekly blog update emails (looking into switching to Digesto). We use the API and a program in Marketo to trigger anytime someone subscribes.

Today, we were alerted by sales that info is syncing into the Notes & Attachments section in SFDC (pic below). It's syncing on both the contact and Account level. When I look into contact's record in Marketo, none of this information is shown. I wasn't even aware we could sync to the Notes section. My Marketo program basically just tracks when someone subscribes to the blog and marks them with success. So I'm wondering how this is happening. Thoughts?

pastedImage_0.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kelly_Schmid3
Level 4

Re: Mailchimp RSS info syncing to Notes & Attachments in SFDC

Nevermind! Figured it out. Seems to be a setting in Mailchimp, nothing to do with Marketo.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Kelly_Schmid3
Level 4

Nevermind! Figured it out. Seems to be a setting in Mailchimp, nothing to do with Marketo.

Mikes_Jones
Level 8

how can you push notes from Marketo to SFDC?

Chris_Willis1
Level 8 - Champion

Good question.  I'd like to learn.  I push "notes" to SFDC through creating a completed task and adding my notes into the comments section.  I don't believe Marketo can write to the SFDC "Notes and Attachments" section.  This example is definitely coming from Mailchimp.

@kelly - Can you share info about who set up your API integration between MC and Marketo?

Kelly_Schmid3
Level 4

Hi Chris,

It's actually a setting in MailChimp. If you go to the Integrations setting, you can sync your SFDC to MailChimp. Be sure to track opens/clicks and that information with sync to the Notes & Attachments section in SFDC after sends from MailChimp.