SOLVED

Re: Open a 2nd form on lightbox after submit first and then redirect to thankyou page

Go to solution
hassis
Level 1

Open a 2nd form on lightbox after submit first and then redirect to thankyou page

Hello everyone,

Yesterday I tried all day to achieve something but couldn't do it, so here I am. What I'm trying to do is when the user select one or more checkboxes in a first form on a non-marketo LP (Wordpress page) it opens (after submitting the selected options to the database) a lightbox with a 2nd form and then when the user fill this other form it redirects the user to a thankyou page.

I found how to open a lightbox and how open a form inside lightbox after the submit (even if didn't work like I expected) but I couldn't find a way to do everything. 

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Open a 2nd form on lightbox after submit first and then redirect to thankyou page

The inline-to-lightbox functionality you’re talking about looks like this: https://codepen.io/figureone/pen/oNqEyBy/0b7fbe2e96fe075b3ba5ba769c2e6a7e

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
SanfordWhiteman

Would be helpful if you show your existing work, the 2 form embeds (so we don’t have to create our own forms to show you how it’s done), and exactly which options in Form 1 are supposed to prompt the display of Form 2.

hassis
Level 1

Sure! Sorry about that.

Right now we used 2 pages to simulate the 2 steps. The first form is in https://capitolcanary.com/lp/take-a-stance and it is a list of checkboxes. The second form is in https://capitolcanary.com/lp/take-a-stance-step-2/ . Right now the first form redirects to the 2nd page and the 2nd form to the thankyou page. The idea is to eliminate the 2nd page by showing the 2nd form on a lightbox and then redirect to the thankyou page.

SanfordWhiteman

You have a fundamental problem with this setup in that the Form 1 does not contain the system Email Address field, but Form 2 does.

This will create duplicate leads.

If you don’t want Form 1 to contain Email Address, that’s (relatively) fine, but then Form 2 must use a custom Email field, not the true Email Address field. Please create that other field (call it Email Address Form Proxy or similar) and substitute it on Form 2.

hassis
Level 1

Really? Because I tested and so far I didn't have duplicate leads, for real. I tested selecting an option and stopping on the 2nd page and when I redid the steps it filled the data for the same lead. 

SanfordWhiteman

If you create a lead with an empty Email Address (via Form 1) and the person never fills out Form 2, you’re going to have all manner of non-marketable leads. Maybe that’s OK temporarily, but you’ll need to clean them out regularly.

There’s also a a race condition that makes it possible for Form 2 to create a new lead (if Form 1 is not done associating the cookie, which is fast but not instantaneous).

hassis
Level 1

That's the idea so far. We want to test if the users are gonna stop on the 2nd form or not.

But thanks for the warning, anyway. I'll pass this to the rest of the team so we can be aware of this issue too.

SanfordWhiteman

The inline-to-lightbox functionality you’re talking about looks like this: https://codepen.io/figureone/pen/oNqEyBy/0b7fbe2e96fe075b3ba5ba769c2e6a7e

hassis
Level 1

Thanks! I tried and it's working but for some reason the leads are not appearing on the database anymore. Before was almost instantaneous.

hassis
Level 1

Sorry, I checked again and it's grabbing the data. Thankyou very much @SanfordWhiteman !!