Tracking "First Page Seen" for Leads (Anonymous Activities)

jthomasfmx
Level 1

Tracking "First Page Seen" for Leads (Anonymous Activities)

Hello all!

I'm wondering whether it's possible to create a smart campaign that could transfer a URL value from an anonymous session if the lead converts in the same session.    Marketo Support helped me set up a smart campaign that is triggered by lead creation, however, the first page that is picked up and transferred to my custom field is typically a thank you page, post-form conversion.  Ideally, the flow step would be able to reference earlier web activity tracked for the individual from that session, which I would assume would be considered anonymous activity.

We're recent HubSpot converts and the native "first page seen" functionality was really helpful to us from an SEO standpoint to understand entry points, so I'm hoping to replicate the process here as closely as possible.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how we could track this type of information?

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Tracking "First Page Seen" for Leads (Anonymous Activities)

If an anonymous Munchkin session is later promoted to an associated (known) session by a form fillout, the person’s first visited web page — visited anonymously — is stored in the system field Original Source Info.

It’s prefixed with the string “URL: ”, for example “URL: /my/first/page”.

However, the value does not contain the host name, only the pathname.