Re: Number of emails sent out

Anne-Sophie_Maz
Level 2

Number of emails sent out

Hi Community,

I was asked to report on the total number of emails that were sent from Marketo over the last 12months, separating the campaigns from the automated/triggered emails.

Does anyone know by any chance a quick way of getting these figures?

Counting manually scares me...

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

That sort may be difficult without a good naming scheme.

The EP report will allow you to use the Smart List feature or foldering to target specific types of campaigns.

You can also, if you have it, use the Campaign Email Perf report or the Folder Tab Email report.

If you have RCE, that may help if you sort by Program...

Email Insights may not be that helpful in this particular use case.

Anne-Sophie_Maz
Level 2

Thanks

I see what you mean and thanks for taking the time to type this answer. I literally need to know how many email Marketo (all kind of emails) has sent out since the beginning of the year, I am afraid that if I go through a smart campaign or email perf report and I put "all emails" (campaigns, NL, triggered, automated, Thank you, confirmations, etc etc) it will never work...

I may try to contact the SUpport to see if on the back end they have a way of seeing this number...

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can extract all Sent Email activities using the API and group by campaign. That's probably how I'd do it: it could be a massive amount of data but once complete you'd have everything you need.

Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

Support doesn't have any special way of seeing this on the backend, but Email Insights will do this for you.  You can separate the batches from the triggers by clicking the cog in the upper right hand corner and choosing which you want to report on.  If you click on the "Sends" tab you can export a chart with all the send data sorted by asset.

Josh_Hill13

Email insights is the way to go. But you wanted a breakdown which is harder to do.

Dan_Stevens_