Not receiving Sample emails

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not receiving Sample emails

Hi All,

I am trying to review emails before they go out, test the content, images, and tokens, however, I have tried multiple emails to and from and I have yet to receive a sample email. I know someone has asked this question before and I have been trying other troubleshooting suggestions, checking the tokens in the from to my own email to my own email and nothing is working. Any other suggestions? I receive Marketo blog emails and emails from Marketo personnel. The last time I received an email was during core concepts a month ago.

9 REPLIES 9
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Not receiving Sample emails

Ebony,

It is possible your internal server is blocking these emails. I would open a Support case for this as it looks like you've tried a couple other options. They can at least confirm what the issue is.

Josh_Hill13

One of the other reasons is that the email had tokens that must be resolved because there wasn't a Default in the  From headers. Marketo won't tell you there's an error, it will just not send it.

But you should also whitelist your Marketo IP or sending info at the IT level.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

So I just spoke with IT and Marketo has been whitelisted. It' s concerning because I can't even receive the email to my personal email, ie gmail.com account.

Jim_Thao7
Level 9

Send it to yourself as a lead (single flow or campaign).  If it bounces, you can grab the bounce code and troubleshoot further.  If it does not bounce and successfully sends, then the issue is something else, like what was mentioned by Josh and Devraj. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jim,

I've tried sending it to myself multiple ways and to multiple emails and I am still not receiving any sample emails.  It' s concerning because I can't even receive the email to my personal email, ie gmail.com account.

Dan_Stevens_

Do you have a subject line defined; and an unsubscribe link in your footer?

Joke_Van_Essche
Level 3

Do you select your e-mail address from the "choose previous address" list? If so, try typing it again in the box below it. I've had the same problem a while ago and for us, it looked like the references behind those previously used addresses were just lost. Typing the address again, solved our problem.

Leanne_Persang
Level 4

Hi Ebony, I have to send to my personal email for testing as well. Check to see if you have communication limits set, and make sure you have not reached that limit. You can check your activity log to see if that is the issue.

Dan_Stevens_

For all of our test email campaigns, we always deselect the comms limit checkbox so that this never comes into play (and allow leads to run through "every time"):

pastedImage_0.png