SOLVED

Re: Need a clear explanation of Champion vs Challenger testing in default program trigger campaigns

Go to solution
Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

Re: Need a clear explanation of Champion vs Challenger testing in default program trigger campaigns

Hi Josh,

It still is not allowing me to approve.  No I did not clone the email into the test.  How do you go about doing that?  I am confused on how this works with two emails.

Thanks

Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

Ok.  I think I have it figured out.  Based on Josh's mention about cloning, I pressed the orange Clone button.  This cloned that email and placed it in the test group. 

Now I have one challenger email outside of the champion email with the test group and one challenger email inside of the test group.  Does that sound correct? 

If so, what do you do with the challenger email outside of the test group after it was cloned into the test group?  It essentially isn't going to be used right? 

If you declare the challenger as the winner does it take the cloned version or the original?

Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

So what it is looking like to me is this:

How you should do it?

1. I should have one email to start with.
  2. I should right click that email to create a test group.
  3. In order to add an email to the test group I have to Clone the email in step 2 and edit that cloned email to meet our challenger qualifications.
  4. Set up the rest of the settings.
  5. If this is the case I can never test against a different email template style because I have to clone from the email in step 2.

How I was doing it:

1. I had two emails to start with.  One was going to be my "challenger" and the other was going to be my champion in which I create the test group within.
  2. I right clicked the champion email to create the test group.
  3. I selected my "challenger" in the Challengers: section of Test Settings and hit clone (because that was my only option to be able to approve the email).
  4. Unfortunately this didn't even clone my challenger email it cloned the champion email.
  5. It would be nice to be able to add a challenger email if it is already created rather than having to always clone the champion and edit it.

Thoughts?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Nate,

Last time I tried, I could clone any email to generate the email #2, not necessarily the #1.

-Greg

Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

Hi Greg,

Thanks you for your response and you are right Greg.  I got it to work finally.  I don't know what the issue was.  Marketo was acting up.