SOLVED

Multiple Leads with Same Email and Unsubscribe Subscription Center

Go to solution
nhabischWings
Level 5

Multiple Leads with Same Email and Unsubscribe Subscription Center

Hello!
I'm working on building out a subscription center allowing for multiple unsubscribe choices and have an interesting situation that I'm not sure if it has a solution:

Currently our database is setup to de-dupe by email AND a field called 'CustomerUniqueIdentifier' which is a random generated string assigned to each unique lead. This field was implemented because we have cases of multiple users having the same email but being different people in our system (family members for example).

Now, with a unsubscribe option - what is the best way to setup a form and campaign so that if:

Bob at bob@gmail wants to unsubscribe from one set of emails, but Susie at bob@gmail doesn't want to?

Assuming it would require the form to capture email + first name so that in the unsubscribe smart campaign you could filter by email address + first name?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Multiple Leads with Same Email and Unsubscribe Subscription Center

Well, if the Unsub  field of a person is changed to TRUE, the master email status is updated, and the change is propagated to other leads with the same email address, i.e., when the 1st bob unsubscribes, all other bobs with same email address in your database will be unsubscribed as well automatically. However, it's possible for those lead records to be individually re-subscribed. The article explains it in more detail - Durable Unsubscribe. IMO, the custom de-duplication criteria doesn't trump the Durable Unsubscribe setup in Marketo.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Well, if the Unsub  field of a person is changed to TRUE, the master email status is updated, and the change is propagated to other leads with the same email address, i.e., when the 1st bob unsubscribes, all other bobs with same email address in your database will be unsubscribed as well automatically. However, it's possible for those lead records to be individually re-subscribed. The article explains it in more detail - Durable Unsubscribe. IMO, the custom de-duplication criteria doesn't trump the Durable Unsubscribe setup in Marketo.

nhabischWings
Level 5

Awesome. Thank you for the information!