Hi, we are in the testing phase of utilizing MSI within Salesforce and I am putting together the materials and training documents for our teams. A couple questions have come up that I am having a hard time finding an answer to online and/or my testing has been inconclusive:
1. Do Interesting Moments need to be created at the program level?
2. Do we need to create the trigger tokens that Interesting Moments use? If so, where? (e.g. trigger.xyz)
3. What kind of access does Marketo give to MSI users? For example, if a Salesforce user John Doe is using MSI and he clicks "View this in Marketo" -- does he need a Marketo login? What is the best type of access togrant this user so he can see what he needs to without modifying anything inside our Marketo instance?
If anyone has any information they can share regarding these, I'd be very grateful. Thank you!
Solved! Go to Solution.
2. It depends if you want something custom, but the out of the box tokens will usually do fine
3. They don't need a login, it just shows them the activity record outside of the instance.
hope that helps!
in addition, please look at the docs
Marketo Sales Insight - Marketo Docs - Product Docs
In general, IMs should be a central program that is part of the Scoring trigger. The docs very clearly explain how to do this.
Thanks! We haven't started to plan out our lead scoring yet but it's definitely on our radar.
Thank you! I didn't think we needed to create them at the program level but my tests were inconclusive so wanted to make sure. And glad to hear the SFDC users don't need a login