SOLVED

MSI Questions about access and interesting moments

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

MSI Questions about access and interesting moments

Hi, we are in the testing phase of utilizing MSI within Salesforce and I am putting together the materials and training documents for our teams. A couple questions have come up that I am having a hard time finding an answer to online and/or my testing has been inconclusive:

1. Do Interesting Moments need to be created at the program level?

2. Do we need to create the trigger tokens that Interesting Moments use? If so, where? (e.g. trigger.xyz)

3. What kind of access does Marketo give to MSI users? For example, if a Salesforce user John Doe is using MSI and he clicks "View this in Marketo" -- does he need a Marketo login? What is the best type of access togrant this user so he can see what he needs to without modifying anything inside our Marketo instance?

If anyone has any information they can share regarding these, I'd be very grateful. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: MSI Questions about access and interesting moments

1. No

2. It depends if you want something custom, but the out of the box tokens will usually do fine

3. They don't need a login, it just shows them the activity record outside of the instance.

hope that helps!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Darrell_Alfons2

1. No

2. It depends if you want something custom, but the out of the box tokens will usually do fine

3. They don't need a login, it just shows them the activity record outside of the instance.

hope that helps!

Josh_Hill13

in addition, please look at the docs

Marketo Sales Insight - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

In general, IMs should be a central program that is part of the Scoring trigger. The docs very clearly explain how to do this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! We haven't started to plan out our lead scoring yet but it's definitely on our radar.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I didn't think we needed to create them at the program level but my tests were inconclusive so wanted to make sure. And glad to hear the SFDC users don't need a login