SOLVED

Move default program into Engagement program

Go to solution
Moritz_Trollman
Level 3

Move default program into Engagement program

Hi, 

We are organizing our engagement stream items as individual nested Email programs. 
Currently those nested programs sit outside of the engagement program that references them. 
I dont see an option to move those email programs into the engagement program. Is this a limitation of Marketo or am I missing something ?

BR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Move default program into Engagement program

I agree with the above recommendation here! If it's certain that those nested default programs won't be used outside of the engagement program, then you can house them as nested programs within the engagement program. Otherwise, it is better to have them as separate programs because in case you nest programs, the resultant Default program name and the assets within it would have a relatively long name (e.g., [Engagement Program Name].[Default Program Name].[Asset Name]). This could be misleading at other places where they're referenced too.

Also, note that AFAIK, tested, and per this post, we aren't able to move existing Default programs living outside the Engagement as nested engagement programs within it (we can still reference them in the stream, but can't move them as local assets to the engagement program). You can always clone existing programs/create a new default program under the engagement program.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Katja_Keesom

Well, technically you could. Simply create a folder within the engagement program for your nested content programs and drag them there. However, part of the reason for using Default programs is so you can leverage your content piece in multiple places, so nesting them within a single engagement program may not be what you really want. If the content can be found organically or is relevant in different places within different engagement programs there is a use case for storing them somewhere as independent programs.

TBlane_McMichen
Marketo Employee

I have not be able to drag it into the engagement program, but you can clone it into the program and then put it into a program folder. I also agree that it is good to use content from wherever it is, unless it is only part of the engagement program, then it does make sense to keep it all together for cloning of the engagement program.

Darshil_Shah1

I agree with the above recommendation here! If it's certain that those nested default programs won't be used outside of the engagement program, then you can house them as nested programs within the engagement program. Otherwise, it is better to have them as separate programs because in case you nest programs, the resultant Default program name and the assets within it would have a relatively long name (e.g., [Engagement Program Name].[Default Program Name].[Asset Name]). This could be misleading at other places where they're referenced too.

Also, note that AFAIK, tested, and per this post, we aren't able to move existing Default programs living outside the Engagement as nested engagement programs within it (we can still reference them in the stream, but can't move them as local assets to the engagement program). You can always clone existing programs/create a new default program under the engagement program.

Michael_Florin
Level 10

I guess the only real advantage of having your email sending programs nested under the EP is that you can clone the whole thing.

But we like it more if the EP itself is devoid of content. It just contains the streams as the sending mechanism plus the transition Smart Campaigns.

Interesting though that can't move programs into programs. Event programs into event programs or email programs into default programs are also not moveable.