SOLVED

Re: Marketo Support Challenges

Go to solution
Marisa_Rybar
Level 4

Marketo Support Challenges

Can anyone help me understand Marketo support? 50% of the time they do not respond to my cases within the time I am meant to have a response. When they do, often it's a very simple clarification question, which I respond immediately to, then I don't hear from them for several more days, even though we are meant to hear back from them within 6 hours.

I am learning to include as much detail and information as possible right from the get-go since it is so hard to get someone to respond to me in a reasonable amount of time, but I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for other places to go for help since Marketo support is so unreliable. (Don't get me wrong, I love Marketo software...it's just I think maybe their support team is overwhelmed and they need to hire more people to help ease the load or something.)

I've been using these community discussions, which have been pretty helpful, but when it's something specific to my Marketo instance and I need Marketo to help me, I am at a loss for how to get their attention. I've already had to escalate several cases, and my cases are not getting resolved in a timely manner.

Does anyone have any suggestions for other resources or for how to get Marketo support to start responding to / helping me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marisa_Rybar
Level 4

Heyo! Look at that. Marketo has a support phone number as well that I never knew existed. Yahoo! I'll be foregoing the Support Case option and leveraging either the online chat or a good ole' fashioned phone number from here forward.

Here is that contact info in case anyone needs it:

Support:

Americas: M-F, 6am to 6pm Pacific

APAC: M-F, 9am to 6pm Aus EST

Online: support.marketo.com

Email: support@marketo.com

Toll Free US: +1.877.270.6586

Direct: +1.650.376.2302

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

I find it to be hit & miss. (notice, not hit OR miss). They were using Live Chat for a while which I was able to use a few times to get quick, easy answers. It was awesome! I haven't seen it be available lately though, so hopefully they are securing funding or launching the beta soon.  I think your best bet is to alert your rep when something surpasses the SLA indicated; ultimately they're responsible for the renewals, so they should be able to light the appropriate fires to get you the help you need. Now, that being said, I've had a support case open for a few months that I haven't heard much on -- so there are clearly cases that even baffle the experts.  Best of luck! You can always see if Josh Hill​ will outsource his services. HA HA

Marisa_Rybar
Level 4

Good call. When creating a new case, it looks like maybe they're testing out the best way to get the chat box in front of people. I've seen it either pop up as a lightbox that appears after about 30 seconds or so and I've seen it as a purple tab that slides into the right side of the screen on the sly to invite you to chat online. It's the only place I've ever seen the chat functionality appear though.

I haven't tried the chat yet, thanks for the reminder that it's there as an option. I'll give that a go on the next one and see how it works. Up till now, I've had to send escalations to supportescalations@marketo.com. Josh Hill has helped me out before, and he was awesome! (I actually nominated him for something last week, but I can't find the link now to share with you! Dang it.)

Marisa_Rybar
Level 4

Heyo! Look at that. Marketo has a support phone number as well that I never knew existed. Yahoo! I'll be foregoing the Support Case option and leveraging either the online chat or a good ole' fashioned phone number from here forward.

Here is that contact info in case anyone needs it:

Support:

Americas: M-F, 6am to 6pm Pacific

APAC: M-F, 9am to 6pm Aus EST

Online: support.marketo.com

Email: support@marketo.com

Toll Free US: +1.877.270.6586

Direct: +1.650.376.2302

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Marisa Rybar​,

I am sorry for the delays you are experiencing. We are experiencing unusually high case volumes right now and are doing our best to get everyone’s issues resolved. We are addressing all new cases in the order in which they are received, according to severity of the issue. Thank you for your patience.

You are correct, Standard, Premier and Elite customers can always call in to Support to get someone on the phone right away, and those are the right numbers to call.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Marisa, the chat is a neat feature, but I found the other day that if there's anything that requires Marketo to log into your instance to review something, then the chat operator is not currently able to do this. Just a heads up so you don't search around for the chat window one day

Also, the phone number is great to have, but there have been times that I've basically been "systems down", or serious issues, and nobody answered the phone 😕  I think they sent me a recording of the voicemail that I left. It wasn't pretty.

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Dory Viscogliosi​,

That's unusual that you weren't able to get through when calling in to Support. If nobody is currently available to answer an incoming call right when you call in, it does give you the option to leave a voicemail so that you don't have to wait on hold.When voicemails are received, it will auto-generate a case that gets routed to a Technical Support Engineer. As long as you leave the pertinent information like account name, your name, contact phone number and problem description, the TSE will be able to get into the problem and start working on it.

If you're unable to connect through the phone system, there are two options. First, your contact profile may have something wrong that is preventing you from being recognized by the phone system. In this case, you'd likely get a "not recognized" error message and wouldn't be able to connect at all and the best course of action would be to email supportfeedback@marketo.com. This is the team that is the Admin over the contact profiles and is set up specifically to handle these issues.

Second, if at any time you feel there is a problem with how a case is being handled, (speed of resolution, issues with the TSE), you can escalate the case to our Management team by emailing supportescalations@marketo.com.

Just to review, there are three main options for contacting Marketo Support. (All three are detailed out here: Contact Marketo Support )

1. Call Support at 1-877-270-6586 or 650-376-2302

2. Email Support at support@marketo.com

3. Open a case through the Support Portal after logging in through the Community

The chat program is a pilot program we are currently testing. There are some limitations to the chat support--they won't be able to do a screen share or remotely access your instance--but if those things are needed, they will open a case for you and place it into the distribution queue for routing to a TSE. This is just a pilot program.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Mike, I should have clarified -- a case was opened from my voicemail and support got back to me. It was my voicemail that I left that wasn't pretty. But, there was an indefinite amount of time where the phone rang and rang, and then the only option given to me was to leave a message. I couldn't even choose to wait on hold. This was on September 23, I believe. And, if I recall, it cut me off after leaving part of my message so I wasn't sure if all of the "pertinent information" was captured.

John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Dory,

I think I was the one that helped you with the case you're talking about.  I just wanted to let you know that in addition to the chat feature we're currently testing, we've also implemented an answering service, so anytime support is overloaded on the phones you'll still be able to speak to a live person who can take the details of your issue and open a case with us.

John

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

We've experienced the same thing - multiple times, Dory.  We've selected the priority option/system down and we were dumped into voicemail.  I really think it's a staffing issue.  I really hope they are scaling the team to keep up with the number of customers they're bringing on board.