Re: Marketo/Salesforce sync issue - Salesforce accounts not getting pulled into Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo/Salesforce sync issue - Salesforce accounts not getting pulled into Marketo

Hi,

I'm having difficulties syncing existing Salesforce accounts/contacts into Marketo (leads are fine). Even newly converted leads are showing up in Marketo as contacts.

Everything in Marketo seems to be set up correctly (in the Admin - Salesforce Integration section) so I'm guessing the issue is on the Salesforce set up. Any idea what I'm doing wrong or what I can check? I'm not that Salesforce savvy so specific descriptions would help. Thanks!
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Marketo/Salesforce sync issue - Salesforce accounts not getting pulled into Marketo

Do you have a special use of SFDC, such as Contacts Only?

From your description, I can't really tell what's going on. Marketo views everything as a "Lead" but will have a field SFDC Type = Contact, Lead, User which you can use to distinguish those people.

Converted leads should be a Contact now, so that part doesn't make sense to me.

In which direction are you expecting the sync? Are these records created in SFDC first, or Marketo?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Josh,

All of our contacts and leads are created in Salesforce first so I'm expecting Salesforce contacts to be synced into Marketo. And by "contacts" and "leads" I mean SFDC Type. So far only SFDC Lead Types are correctly showing up in Marketo and a few newly converted SFDC Contact Types but not existing ones.
Hank_Hansen
Level 5

We're currently experiencing no sync between Marketo and SugarCRM (I'm waiting for responses from support on both sides). The test sync button within Sugar does not indicate there is a problem. Sync stopped for us in the morning of the 14th. Our situation may or may not be related to what you are experiencing but thought I would mention it.

Hank_Hansen
Level 5

I heard back from SugarCRM support and they have isolated the cause of our sync issue on their end.