Email Performance Report Showing Emails Sent A Long Time Ago

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email Performance Report Showing Emails Sent A Long Time Ago

This is a big pet peeve of mine and has been going on for quite some time.  I have an email performance report that shows the results of emails sent within the last 8 days, but for some reason I'm seeing results for emails that we sent months ago. The report's "sent date" is set for the last 8 days but some of the emails that are appearing were sent months and even years ago. Some of these email campaigns that are appearing have even been archived.  An email dated 12/27/13 looks like it was sent out last Wednesday! I can only conclude Marketo is still sending these old emails. How can I get Marketo to stop sending emails after a certain period of time? 

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Email Performance Report Showing Emails Sent A Long Time Ago

You should check those assets to see if a campaign is still sending them out - like a nurture or auto responder.

I suspect there is something wrong with the report. Not sure exactly what though. Did you check your selection of emails in Setup?

Make sure that your Smart List is excluding test leads and internal staff.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No the old emails that are appearing in the report are from completed campaigns - nothing should trigger them to send out an email.  The one from 2013 that I mentioned above was a newsletter we sent to our subscriber list. 
No tests or internal staff should affect this campaign either.

I was wondering if the report shows the activities on emails within that time frame, rather than just the emails that were sent during that time frame. For instance if someone opened or clicked in an email long after it was sent - would that cause the email to appear in this report? 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Under "Set Up" I just have all emails selected - both Design Studio and Marketing Activities emails. And both Archived and not archived. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not the only one who is seeing this.  This question was already posed and I posted on it but it was never solved.

http://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000PRnAAAW