Re: Marketo / salesforce integration needs a serious overhaul, don't you "sync"?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Marketo / salesforce integration needs a serious overhaul, don't you "sync"?

Added

Anonymous
Not applicable

Grégoire Michel​ is there also a topic regarding Lightning related issues? For example marketo creates URLs sometimes and they are all formated for classic, but we switched to lightning and thus these urls can't be accessed by our users.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Added.

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Added this one:

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

added this one:

Oliver_Zosel
Level 3

Hi Greg, we discovered that notifications of SalesForce-side sync errors, where the directive is to contact SF support with an error id, don't contain the error id. Might be a duplicate of some other ideas listed here, but created another one here:

Amanda_Song4
Level 1

Hi Greg,

The sync time between Marketo and Sfdc has been a big pain for us, as it sometimes takes hours to complete a sync cycle. As a result, high intent inbound leads wouldn't get to salespeople's hands in time. Is there a way to measure and report how long the sync time takes? How to improve the sync between the two systems? I want to come up with an internal benchmark first, and effectively measure the improvement.

Any thoughts?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Amanda,

It is not that simple to get the sync times, as the information is not available in the UI, neither in through the API.

You need first to ask support for sync logs that shows the volume of data per object. This volume is probably significant to explain such long sync times. Once you know what object is faulty, you will have to investigate what type of updates is causing such long insertions. You might also want to position some logs on the sync use in SFDC to check that the issue is not linked to intense processing triggered by the updates from Marketo, that would slow down SFDC data intake.

-Greg

Amanda_Song4
Level 1

I got the sync log from support to pin-point the objects that are causing problems. That's super helpful.

Thank you!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

You are welcome.

i am not sure that support loves the idea that you published the URL I was always told to keep it for my self, but Scott Nash​ published it in his presentation during last summit

-Greg