SOLVED

Re: Marketo - GoToWebinar Sync Issues

Go to solution
Loren_Posendek
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Marketo - GoToWebinar Sync Issues

Good morning! Has anyone experienced issues with Marketo and GoToWebinar showing differing registrant counts? Not only are a few webinars showing different numbers in Marketo than GoToWebinar, but when I try to manually change the status to "Registered" for those who've filled out the form, Marketo is not processing the change, thus not syncing to GoToWebinar. I wanted to reach out here before going to Support.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Loren

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd suggest do check the status of your GTW integration in the Admin section. Whenever we experienced these errors, the integration was broken. Potentially through a password change in GTW.

Admin --> Integration --> Launchpoint and it should not look like this:

2016-08-08 16_39_53-Marketo _ Installed Services • Admin.jpg

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Have you looked into the leads' Activity Logs to see if there was a change in status (or an error during the change in status) that would have prevented them from switching to Registered?

Loren_Posendek

Hi Jennifer - I just checked a few of the leads' Activity logs, and it looks like they were able to fill out the form successfully. However, their status was changed to "Registration Error" after doing so. I also just used one lead as a sample and tried to manually change their status to "Registered" and the Activity Log is showing the status change as "Registration Error" => "Registration Error." Do you have any suggestions?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd suggest do check the status of your GTW integration in the Admin section. Whenever we experienced these errors, the integration was broken. Potentially through a password change in GTW.

Admin --> Integration --> Launchpoint and it should not look like this:

2016-08-08 16_39_53-Marketo _ Installed Services • Admin.jpg

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

This is a good suggestion for registration errors. I had this happen recently. My issue wasn't a connection issue, but instead was because the registrant used a random special character in their company name. Worth checking for sure.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Loren,

If it is not a technical issue then one of the reasons can be that the mandatory fields on the form have form pre-fill enabled and are not required. In this case the registration error will show up since the mandatory fields(first name, last name and email address) are not being pushed to GTW.

If the integration is broken then it'll show up in the admin section as show in the reply from Michael.

Loren_Posendek

Thanks for the replies, all! Michael Florin​ it looks like the integration was broken. The sync is now active and I'm working to manually change the statuses to "Registered." Is there a best course of action to do so? It looks like they're still stuck in the "Registration Error" status

I also found this article that references your suggestion, along with a smart campaign that'll alert you when Registration Errors occur: GoToWebinar Registration Errors

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Once you change them to Registered, everything should be back to working properly. It's a pain, for sure. I know a few people have experienced the integration breaking recently. I wonder if something has changed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, about the reason that integration breaks: A username or password change in GTW definitely does that. So your program manager or whoever runs your webinars should not do that without also editing the API call. But in addition to that I believe it's something like a time out. Not sure though, but I have the feeling the integration just stops working after a year or so.

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

That would make sense - I haven't updated the integration in at least that long, so it was most likely a timeout (and of course it happened after I'd told everyone I've never had it happen to me )