SOLVED

Re: Marketo - GoToWebinar Sync Issues

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to your webinar program, select "Members", filter on "Registration Error", select all and "Change Status" to registered. That will trigger the confirmation email from GTW - in case you have that turned on.

Loren_Posendek
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Thank you! After a few tries, it worked. I had to log back into to GTW via Marketo so it'd remain active. Appreciate all of the help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

This just happened to me to this morning. I have fixed the sync now, but if I update those who have a Registration Error to Registered, will the webinar access link they received in the Marketo confirmation email still work for them when it comes time to attending the webinar? Or is it recommended to send them an email asking them to register again?

Loren_Posendek

Hi Shirleen! If they received the confirmation email while the sync was disconnected, they most likely didn't receive the access link - if you use the {{member.webinar url}} token. We include the webinar ID in the confirmation emails, too, so someone can login using the ID, if the access code doesn't work (not ideal, but something we have as a back-up). I'd suggest sending reminder emails (that have the proper, functioning access code) either the day before and/or day of the webinar to ensure they'll be able to login.

I hope that helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Loren,

Thank you! This is what I needed to know! I'll add the Webinar ID as well then to the reminder emails. So if I update their program status to 'Registered' that will push them to GTW. As long as they are in GTW they can log in with the ID if the access link doesn't work, correct?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, fixing the sync and then changing the status to registered will push the leads to GTW. Providing the webinar ID will help and they will be able to attend with the Webinar ID and the email address but I would advise using the {{member.webinar url}} token and scheduling reminder emails a day and an hour before the webinar.

Loren_Posendek

That's correct! If they weren't marked 'Registered' and not synced to GTW, when trying to access the webinar via the ID, they'd be required to fill out a GTW form. Here's a sample section of a confirmation email in reference to my post above (we hyperlink the {{member.webinar url}} token, and use a token for the webinar ID).

1. Click and join at the specified time and date.
    Note: This link should not be shared with others; it is unique to you. If no link appears above, you can join by visiting joinwebinar.com and using Webinar ID: {{my.GoToWebinarID}}.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The confirmation email sent from marketo will not be sending correct URL's.  You can make a note of all leads for which the sync is broken and after changing the status to registered, you can resend them the confirmation email. This time the {{member.webinar url}} token will have the correct URL.

Or you can send them reminders a week, day or an hour before the webinar.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Neeraj! I will send the reminder email with the webinar access url to those who had a registration error along with the webinar ID just in case.

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

One way around this would be to trigger the sending of the confirmation email upon Status change, which is what I've been doing for this reason.