SOLVED

Re: Marketo/GoToWebinar - Not Seeing On-Demand Viewers

Go to solution
Hank_Hansen
Level 5

Marketo/GoToWebinar - Not Seeing On-Demand Viewers

For every webinar event, we have a number of people registering within GoToWebinar to watch the recording after the event. "Attended On-Demand" always shows zero in the Webinar program summary view, even after using the program option to refresh  the data from GoToWebinar. I also don't see anyone if I use a smart list to query program members with that status. Am I missing something? Is anyone seeing this working?

Thanks!

Hank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hank_Hansen
Level 5

Unless things have changed, it looks like this info is not pushed from GTW, based on this discussion: Marketo/GoToWebinar Integration.

Looks like you have to set up a campaign to use link clicks that set this status.

Hank

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Hank_Hansen
Level 5

Unless things have changed, it looks like this info is not pushed from GTW, based on this discussion: Marketo/GoToWebinar Integration.

Looks like you have to set up a campaign to use link clicks that set this status.

Hank

AWmindtree
Level 4

Hi @Hank_Hansen 

Thant's correct. GTW does not pushes Attended On-demand data to Marketo. What you can setup is sending an email with Recorded Webinar Link in the email and then tracking the audience who saw the video or clicked the link and mark them as Attended On Demand in Marketo Program. 

Hope this helps 🙂
Thanks

Hank_Hansen
Level 5

Right - there is no way to know if someone registers to view a recording inside GTW, you can only track a link click which leads to the registration prompt inside GTW. You won't know how many of those actually registered to watch. Additionally, our sales team send out webinar recording links from emails that are sent outside of Marketo, so those links cannot be tracked. 

It would be a much better integration if GTW passed all recording registrants (on-demand views). Without this, I have to host the video somewhere, embed the video on a page on our site, and make that page gated with a registration form in order to capture all on demand views (actual registrations for on-demand viewing) and share that activity with sales. 

Michael_Florin
Level 10

...I have to host the video somewhere...

If your "somewhere" includes video platforms like Wistia, you could think about hosting your recording there and then use the Wistia/Marketo integration to track video views. This would give you the additional information how long the video was watched.