Marketo Form 2.0 Not Submitting for Users

Ayan_Talukder
Level 5

Marketo Form 2.0 Not Submitting for Users

Hi everyone,

I thought I would reach out to the community to see if anyone else is having similar issues. We discovered a bug with the Marketo Form not submitting for some users. At first we thought it was a one off case but it started occurring for dozens of individuals for the last 3 months. Marketo Support is aware of the issue and they said they released a patch to solve this issue. However we sent out a promo email for a webinar yesterday and received over 20 emails letting us know the form is not working.

Basically what happens is when individuals fill out the form and submit, it does not complete the action and gets stuck on the "Waiting" label (which is Please Wait). See the below image for an example.

Marketo Issue.jpg

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Marketo Form 2.0 Not Submitting for Users

You need to provide a test URL as well as a browser+version with which I can repro the issue.

Ayan_Talukder
Level 5

Thanks for the reply Sanford, I am going to reproduce one of our forms in our sandbox and provide a test.

The strange thing is I am unable to reproduce the issue as well, but we have had even more users email us (about 35 now) letting us know they are unable to submit the form. The browsers are so wide that we are unable to pinpoint it exactly. It varies from Chrome, IE, and Firefox and on Windows 7, 8, and 10.

Marketo support says they are looking into it still.

shafie
Level 1

shafie_1-1615374630798.png

We are also facing this exact issue and unable to reproduce this issue after trying so many ways. The challenge is the form is working perfectly fine during testing in development and production. However, from time to time, we will received email from the website visitors that they are not able to contact us and that button freeze on "Please Wait". 

To reproduce the bug, we have tried cross browsers, with ads blocker extension, 3G slow internet, all the possible combinations of the third party GTM tags that's on this page. None of it could reproduce this issue. 

Here, you mentioned to use LP domain instead of app-*.marketo.com. Should we change all 

<script src="//app-sj22.marketo.com/js/forms2/js/forms2.min.js"></script>

to 

<script src="https://hello.dremio.com/js/forms2/js/forms2.min.js"></script>

?

How about the baseUrl for the MktoForms2.loadForm()? Should we change it to "hello.dremio.com" as well? Please let us know the best practice here. 

Observation: Marketo form rendered. User completed the form. User clicked the submit button. "Book a Meeting" text on the submit button changed to "Please Wait". Button hangs on "Please Wait" and nothing is happening after that. No data entry sent to Marketo server. 
Expectation: Marketo form rendered. User completed the form. User clicked the submit button. "Book a Meeting" text on the submit button changed to "Please Wait". Marketo server received data. The form collapses, and displays a thank you note. Chilipiper modal popup for users to schedule a meeting.
Potential root cause: Marketo form failed to make submission. (justification: the form will only collapse if submission is successful)

I am only able to partially reproduce this bug by forcing the Marketo form to make a failed submission, this will cause the button to hang on "Please Wait" and not sending any data to Marketo server. However, the Chilipiper modal will still appear. I am still not able to reproduce this exact bug. 

@SanfordWhiteman It would be great if you can help to have a look at our source code at https://www.dremio.com/contact/ and see why this bug is happening. Please advise on what we need to do to solve this. Thank you very much in advance
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

A few cases similar issues have been reported to me today, only on Firefox v51 and v48, on windows. I have not been able to reproduce them, though.

-Greg

Ayan_Talukder
Level 5

Thanks for the reply Grégoire, this is very interesting. We have also been told by users on Firefox that the form does not even show up for them. I was able to reproduce this issue in Private Browsing mode in Firefox but not in the regular mode.

The issue of the form not submitting is too broad for us to pin down as users I have questioned let me know they have tried it in multiple browsers and are on either Windows 7, 8 or 10.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Is this a form on a Marketo LP or embedded on a non-Marketo LP?  If the latter, it's important to use your CNAME within the embed code (vs. *.marketo.com).  See this discussion: Re: Firefox Private Browser Hiding ALL Marketo Embed Forms