SOLVED

Re: Marketo Events App and Marketo Moments App End of Life

Go to solution
Yuri_Hirohashi
Marketo Employee

Marketo Events App and Marketo Moments App End of Life

Adobe is removing the Marketo Events App and Marketo Moments App from the App Stores on October 2, 2023. After this date, existing customers can continue using these apps if they’re already installed on their mobile device. These apps do not support sign-in with Adobe ID. Once a user is migrated to Adobe Identity for authentication of Marketo, the user will no longer be able to access the apps.

For more information about Marketo on Adobe Identity, please see:  

Adobe Identity Management Overview

Understanding Marketo Subscription and User Migration to the Adobe Admin Console

Why is Adobe removing Marketo Events and Marketo Moments from the App Stores? 

Due to low adoption rates, we have decided to deprecate these two apps to improve system performance and focus our resources on more utilized features.

If I already downloaded Marketo Events or Marketo Moments, will either app be removed from my device? 

Nope! You can continue using the Marketo Events app or Marketo Moments app. Keep in mind, Adobe will not be adding any new features or updates to these apps.

When will Adobe no longer support Marketo Events and Marketo Moments apps for existing users?

Effective immediately, no updates, bug fixes or enhancements will be made.

How do I know when my user record will be migrated to Adobe Identity?

Please contact your company's Marketo product admin(s) for an approximate timeline.

What Adobe apps can I use instead of Marketo Events and Marketo Moments moving forward? 

We have no plans to offer any replacement apps at this time. We recommend exploring our partner ecosystem for comparable apps. For those who need a quick solution for live event attendance tracking in lieu of the Marketo Events App, you can use a Smart Campaign. Please see this post for details.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

An alternative to the Event App that customers can use is instead:

1. Create a Landing Page for the event check-in with a Form for the visitor to fill in. Make sure you use the noindex, nofollow header so it is not indexed by search engines.
  2. Add the following code snippet to the page to clear the cookies from the browser automatically when the Form is submitted to prevent undesired updates/tracking on the same lead record https://developers.marketo.com/blog/clearing-marketo-tracking-cookie-from-forms-2-0-submission/
  3. Create a trigger campaign that moves any record that fills out this form to the Attended status in your event program.

The benefit of this method is that you can style your check-in page to have branding that fits the event and business, rather than having to use the (way outdated!) Marketo branding of the app.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
derelict_wombat
Level 3

I didn't even know these existed until recently. The apps were really not promoted.  Also when looking at the apps on the app store there didn't seem to be any updates in several years so I am not surprised there is a low adoption rate.  I wish there was a supported solution for live event attendance tracking to replace this. 

Yuri_Hirohashi
Marketo Employee

Hi derelict_wombat,

We appreciate your feedback. While we encourage Marketo Engage users to explore our partner ecosystem for comparable solutions, there is a workaround using a Flow Step to mark guests as “attended.” Here is the link to the post.

chiranjeet_shah
Level 2

I have been using Marketo Moments for all my key email campaign sends, it is an amazing app to keep track of your email campaign when you have anxiety about whether your email is deployed/scheudled or not, Moment app is still my buddy to go and check it. it also provides a quick email performance report right after the email is deployed. 

I feel bad that not many people used it, and took advantage of mobile app. sorry to hear that it has come to End of Life. 

Yuri_Hirohashi
Marketo Employee

Hi chiranjeet_shah,

Thank you for your feedback. We didn’t come to the End-of-Life decision lightly. We’re happy to hear you’ve found the Marketo Moments helpful and hope you’re able to find a suitable replacement in our partner ecosystem.

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

It is a bit of a chicken and egg situation here. The events app was something really useful, but had not been keeping up with developments for quite a while, making its use cumbersome which in turn didn't encourage adoption. I do have to agree that there are alternatives out there that make more sense than fully revamping the app.

Pavel_Plachky1
Level 1

Hi @Katja_Keesom 

Could you recommend some alternative apps for event management that integrate smoothly with Marketo? We need a solution for checking in attendees at our events. Your insights would be valuable.

Best,

Pavel

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Hi @Pavel_Plachky1 , there are several out there on the market, where I think Eventbrite and Cvent deserve a look, but parties like cm.com could also be an option. All depends on your wider requirements.

Diego_Villamiza
Level 2

Will appreciate if Adobe give us a head-up with more time to process. We use the event app quite a lot and this announce came out of the blue causing some impacts on our operations.

Yuri_Hirohashi
Marketo Employee

Hi Diego Villamiza,

Thank you for your feedback. It certainly was not our intention to negatively impact any event operations. We apologize for the inconvenience and will do our best to provide as much advance notice as possible next time.