Re: Marketo applying campaign when form was not filled out

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo applying campaign when form was not filled out

I'm having a weird issue that hasn't happened before.

I set up a email program and a coworker set up the landing page, thank you page and form. I created the smart campaign and the trigger is they would need to fill the form out for the campaign to be applied to the lead in SFDC. The landing page shows the correct information - the form was filled out three times by me for testing. However, Marketo is applying the campaign to leads that have never filled out the form. This was verified by several agents speaking to the potential customers. When I go to the smart campaign and look at results, it shows all of those wrongly associated people and it also reflects in our SFDC.

Help please! 
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Jennifer,
I would look in the activity log of the bad leads to see what happened right before they were added to the SFDC campaign. This will tell you what event triggered the campaign.

From there, you can deduce wheter it was legitimate or not.

Best,
Will
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Will!

Thanks for your response. Literally all I did was activate the campaign and randomly it started applying to leads that never filled the form. 

I set the smart list so they would have to fill the form on the specific landing page out. Flow : Sync lead to SFDC, Add to SFDC campaign
Grant_Booth
Level 10

Hi Jennifer, is this SFDC campaign synced with a program in Marketo? If so, anyone who becomes a member of the program will also become a member of the campaign. So the question might actually be: why are they becoming members of the program?
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Can you show us a screenshot of the smart list? I suspect there is something wrong there.

I second Grant's comment that if you already synced the Program to SFDC Campaign, you do not need an Add to SFDC Campaign flow step - in fact, Marketo will skip that. But that has nothing to do with a trigger error.