SOLVED

Re: Marketo and Salesforce Sync Not Updating

Go to solution
dtrosky
Level 2

Marketo and Salesforce Sync Not Updating

We seem to be having on and off issues with fields not updating properly between Marketo and Salesforce. Most of the time this happens, the record will be correct in Marketo and fields will not update in Salesforce. 

We also continue to have issues with a large number of contacts/ leads being synced over to a campaign at once. The system seems to time out and only a handful will get added and I need to do a single flow action to add 50 people to the campaign at once. 

We haven't done a full account refresh/ sync in a while and I thought that may help with our data issues.

Please let me know if you have any advice on data not being updated and people not being added to campaigns in large quantities. I'm wondering if we have two much passing through the systems and if we can cut that back a bit?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

If you've been having this issue since recently, then have you enabled or updated any workflows or campaigns that are pushing a lot of updates over to the SFDC causing other updates to be stalled? I'd suggest you check the sync status in Admin > Salesforce to see if you see any failed or stalled campaigns, leads, or contact updates there.

Please let me know if you have any advice on data not being updated and people not being added to campaigns in large quantities. I'm wondering if we have two much passing through the systems and if we can cut that back a bit?

Well, campaign and campaign member object updates fall a little behind in the priority list of the objects that get synced (check this article on Marketo / Salesforce Sync Limits & Priority Info); hence, if you have a lot of lead/contact updates pending and queued up, you'd normally see campaign and campaign member object updates take a little longer than usual, but this should not happen otherwise. If you're having this issue even if there are no other large lead/contact updates being queued up you should raise a support ticket and get it checked by the Marketo team.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

If you've been having this issue since recently, then have you enabled or updated any workflows or campaigns that are pushing a lot of updates over to the SFDC causing other updates to be stalled? I'd suggest you check the sync status in Admin > Salesforce to see if you see any failed or stalled campaigns, leads, or contact updates there.

Well, campaign and campaign member object updates fall a little behind in the priority list of the objects that get synced (check this article on Marketo / Salesforce Sync Limits & Priority Info); hence, if you have a lot of lead/contact updates pending and queued up, you'd normally see campaign and campaign member object updates take a little longer than usual, but this should not happen otherwise. If you're having this issue even if there are no other large lead/contact updates being queued up you should raise a support ticket and get it checked by the Marketo team.