SOLVED

Re: Marketo and Salesforce Sync error

Go to solution
Nihal
Level 3

Marketo and Salesforce Sync error

We have a direct integration of Marketo and salesforce, recently we added a lead in salesforce but that lead is not showing or flowing in to the marketo. what could be reasons or error the leads are not showing in marketo. Please help us with solution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christine_Selv3
Level 2

Outside of what has already been suggested here for QA, which are absolutely some paths I would take, I would recommend checking the sync within Marketo and confirm the synch is active/healthy. Meaning there's no major backlog or errors being thrown. 

The order of operations I usually take when troubleshooting a sync error are: 

• Does the Marketo Sync User have the permissions it needs?
  • Is there a custom sync filter or any other custom configuration in charge of managing the sync? You will need to work with support to confirm if a custom sync filter is sitting between Marketo <> SFDC.
  • Is there an issue with the CRM integration within Marketo, what is the last sync date and are there any errors

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

The first place to check is whether the record created in the SFDC is visible to the Sync user profile. You could log in to SFDC using the sync user profile and see whether you can access the record or not or look at the sync user's permissions. Do you see any SFDC sync errors in Marketo > Admin > Salesforce > Sync Errors? Also, to test the sync, did you also test syncing a Marketo-only record to the SFDC? Did you run into any errors in doing so?

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

In addition to @Darshil_Shah1 's suggestions it would be good to check whether you have a sync filter implemented in your SFDC and whether that is preventing the record from syncing across.

Christine_Selv3
Level 2

Outside of what has already been suggested here for QA, which are absolutely some paths I would take, I would recommend checking the sync within Marketo and confirm the synch is active/healthy. Meaning there's no major backlog or errors being thrown. 

The order of operations I usually take when troubleshooting a sync error are: 

• Does the Marketo Sync User have the permissions it needs?
  • Is there a custom sync filter or any other custom configuration in charge of managing the sync? You will need to work with support to confirm if a custom sync filter is sitting between Marketo <> SFDC.
  • Is there an issue with the CRM integration within Marketo, what is the last sync date and are there any errors