SOLVED

Wait step for next day (not the whole day/24 hours)

Go to solution
RaulEr
Level 4

Wait step for next day (not the whole day/24 hours)

Hey guys!

Just wanted to confirm with you guys, if I set a Wait step that lasts 8 hours and Must End on Mon-Fri at 8am, then the flow will continue as these examples:

1. A person triggers the campaign on Monday at 9am, the person will continue the flow on Tuesday, 8am.
  2. A person triggers the campaign on Monday at 9pm, the person will continue the flow on Tuesday, 5am.
  3. A person triggers the campaign on Monday at 11pm, the person will continue the flow on Tuesday, 7am.
  4. A person triggers the campaign on Tuesday at 12am, the person will continue the flow on Tuesday, 8am.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Wait step for next day (not the whole day/24 hours)

Well, Marketo would look for the first M-F 8 AM slot after 8hrs wait step for the person to resume flow. The person will be held in the wait step until then, even after they finish the specified wait period earlier (i.e., 8 hours in your case). In all your examples, the person will get out of the wait step on Tuesday at 8 AM.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1

Well, Marketo would look for the first M-F 8 AM slot after 8hrs wait step for the person to resume flow. The person will be held in the wait step until then, even after they finish the specified wait period earlier (i.e., 8 hours in your case). In all your examples, the person will get out of the wait step on Tuesday at 8 AM.

RaulEr
Level 4

Thanks @Darshil_Shah1, then, this is the safest way to send an email the next day at 8 am, for anyone who triggered my campaign the day before, no matter at what time they did it.

Darshil_Shah1

Yes, but I'd rather say, the next work day (M-F) at 8 AM. People who end their 8 hr wait period after Friday 8 AM wouldn't come out of the wait step until the coming Monday, at 8 AM.