Re: Manage Blog Subscriptions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Manage Blog Subscriptions

We are working to launch a new website and blog platform (Wordpress) soon.  We would like to be able to manage blog subscriptions in Marketo (through a sign up form on the website), and have Marketo automatically send an email to subscribers when a new post has been added.  The email would ideally include the blog title, the first paragraph (or partial blurb), and a link to the post.

Is anyone managing blogs this way in Wordpress and Marketo? Are you able to to automate the process in this way?

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Lisa,

Yes, it's quite easy. See our blog here: Commerciaux Et Marketeurs : Comment Le Digital Change Le Jeu  (sorry it's in French). The subscription on the right is a Marketo form:
pastedImage_1.png

It links to a Marketo program with a "fills out form" smart campaign that registers the people (add them as a program member).

Then we recommend (and use) Digesto, from Perkuto (Convert RSS Feed into Marketo Emails with Digesto, a Perkuto product.) that makes a good job generating automated emails when new articles are posted.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you - I was just checking Digesto out.  Are there any alternatives to Digesto that I should also take a look at?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Lisa,

Not that I know of, except some bespoke, one-off devs, that you would not want to use, I bet

-Greg

Rachel_Quinn
Level 1

Hi Greg,

I plan to do the same as Lisa. That link (the french one) doesn't work. Do you have an updated link?

Thanks!

Rachel

Carrie_Chandle1
Level 6 - Community Advisor

We're managing blog sign-ups via an embedded Marketo form on our Wordpress blog, but still haven't found the right solution for sending automated post notifications. We first tried setting a batch campaign to run every week at a specific time, but found that we couldn't always hit the same deadline to update the email tokens - so we ended up going back to a manual send. Let us know if you find a good solution!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Digesto

FeedOtter

or build your own.

Abhishek_Chand2
Level 5

Marketo does not have such functionality to automate it, if you would like to do it either build your own or go for the tools mentioned in above comments.

For manual work, you can create email template and then tokenize the template which will reduce lot of manual work and you cannot have the functionality without any further investment.

Abhishek Chandra
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Merely tokenizing a template really doesn't get you any closer to RSS integration "without any further investment"... the data feed is still not present at all in this scenario.

Abhishek_Chand2
Level 5

Yes, tokenizing does not mean integration or anything closer to integration, i mentioned that it will only reduce the manual work

Abhishek Chandra