Re: Locating Campaign Deleting Leads

Jeremy_Foote
Level 2

Locating Campaign Deleting Leads

We have a webinar campaign that had a handful of leads removed from it over the weekend. We're having difficulty determining which campaign may have deleted these leads. Besides digging through dozens of campaigns, whats the best way to see how leads may have been removed from this program?

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
15 REPLIES 15
Ronen-Was-SRpro
Level 7

Hi,

Can you elaborate on the question:

1. Are those leads still in the system? (can you find them in the database).

2. Do you have a webinar program that consists some smart campaigns and only one of them removed the leads?

Ronen Wasserman
Jeremy_Foote
Level 2

Ronen,
1. I cannot find them in the system, I believe they were deleted. I ran reports in the data base on the Web form completions and it comes back with the truncated list.

2. Not 100% sure what you mean by this, but I think I have an operational campaign that is somehow deleting them. But I can't find which one could be removing them.

I don't have many campaigns that would DELETE leads. But once they're deleted its hard to determine WHAT removed them.

JF

Ronen-Was-SRpro
Level 7

Do you know what was their program status before they disappeared?

Ronen Wasserman
Jeremy_Foote
Level 2

Live Event > Registered

Ronen-Was-SRpro
Level 7

1. Is Marketo synchronized with third-party webinar provider?

2. When will the webinar take place?

Ronen Wasserman
Jeremy_Foote
Level 2

1. No

2. 12/06/2018

Ronen-Was-SRpro
Level 7

Is the Marketo program synchronized with Salesforce campaign?

How did they register (did they fill out a form?)

Ronen Wasserman
Jeremy_Foote
Level 2

1. Not until the lead program status = Live Event > Attended

2. Yes. Form fill out report is only showing 65

A little more background, on 10/11 I checked registrations and we were at 78 registered. I saw this number in the Program > Members tab.

I was out Friday, this morning I check the registrations again, only 65. So I checked confirmation emails sent = 65, Filled out form on program LP = 65.

I believe this is correct because when a lead is deleted then the activity history will be removed as well.

So I believe I need to dig in not from the Registered program, but from some operational/log view within Marketo.

JF

Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

You can use the Get Deleted Leads REST endpoint.  The campaign ID of the campaign that deleted them will be included in the response. http://developers.marketo.com/rest-api/endpoint-reference/lead-database-endpoint-reference/#/Activit...