SOLVED

Re: Leveraging the Marketo+Bizible Integration

Go to solution
jordankindler
Level 1

Leveraging the Marketo+Bizible Integration

Hi there–

We've just purchased Bizible and have a few questions on the integration between the two platforms that I'm hoping someone can help me address: 

1. Obviously Bizible digests website engagement (page views) at the prospect level via the Bizible script that sits on the website; we have had Marketo's munchkin code on our site for over a year, however, and am wondering if integrating the two will allow Bizible to also digest this historical Munchkin-driven website activity we have at the prospect level as Bizible touchpoints? Put succinctly: can Bizible digest historical web activity if it exists in Marketo, or will it only do so moving forward? 

2. If we have already integrated Salesforce, will integrating Marketo on top of it result in double-counted touchpoints (ie form fills that are registered both as Marketo activities as well as SFDC Campaign responses/engagement)? 

I am new to Bizible so feel free to let me know if I'm thinking about any of this in the wrong way!

Thanks very much in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kate_Colbert
Marketo Employee

Hi Jordan! I'm a Business Consultant with Adobe and one of my areas of specialty is Bizible so I'm happy to help with these questions. I actually just posted some Bizible/Marketo Integration best practices earlier today in case you want to check it out: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/marketo-whisperer-blogs/bizible-marketo-integration-best-practices/ba-... 

To answer your specific questions though...

1. Obviously Bizible digests website engagement (page views) at the prospect level via the Bizible script that sits on the website; we have had Marketo's munchkin code on our site for over a year, however, and am wondering if integrating the two will allow Bizible to also digest this historical Munchkin-driven website activity we have at the prospect level as Bizible touchpoints? Put succinctly: can Bizible digest historical web activity if it exists in Marketo, or will it only do so moving forward? 

[Kate] - It depends! First, keep in mind that Bizible JavaScript creates touchpoints for form fills but only for page views that are either an anonymous first touch or the last thing before a milestone stage change (Opportunity Creation for example). This is intentional because a touchpoint for each page view would be a lot of CRM storage and a lot of noise in reporting. So with that in mind, I'd probably recommend only pulling in form fills for continuity. 

2. If we have already integrated Salesforce, will integrating Marketo on top of it result in double-counted touchpoints (ie form fills that are registered both as Marketo activities as well as SFDC Campaign responses/engagement)?

[Kate] - you want to be careful to avoid duplicate touchpoints, like you mentioned. Form fills might not be the best example here because usually, the Bizible JavaScript would be tracking those and creating a touchpoint. So you wouldn't want to sync a CRM Campaign for form fills because that would be double counting. Let's use Webinar Attendance as an example. If you're creating touchpoints for this by syncing a Salesforce Campaign, you don't also want to sync a Marketo Program because that would result in "duplicate touchpoints" -- two touchpoints for the same effort. So, I recommend mapping this out in a spreadsheet to determine what you want touchpoints for and where you're going to pull it from to avoid duplicates. Remember that you don't have to use the marketo integration if you're comfortable/able to pull from the CRM instead -- up to you! 

Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Kate_Colbert
Marketo Employee

Hi Jordan! I'm a Business Consultant with Adobe and one of my areas of specialty is Bizible so I'm happy to help with these questions. I actually just posted some Bizible/Marketo Integration best practices earlier today in case you want to check it out: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/marketo-whisperer-blogs/bizible-marketo-integration-best-practices/ba-... 

To answer your specific questions though...

[Kate] - It depends! First, keep in mind that Bizible JavaScript creates touchpoints for form fills but only for page views that are either an anonymous first touch or the last thing before a milestone stage change (Opportunity Creation for example). This is intentional because a touchpoint for each page view would be a lot of CRM storage and a lot of noise in reporting. So with that in mind, I'd probably recommend only pulling in form fills for continuity. 

[Kate] - you want to be careful to avoid duplicate touchpoints, like you mentioned. Form fills might not be the best example here because usually, the Bizible JavaScript would be tracking those and creating a touchpoint. So you wouldn't want to sync a CRM Campaign for form fills because that would be double counting. Let's use Webinar Attendance as an example. If you're creating touchpoints for this by syncing a Salesforce Campaign, you don't also want to sync a Marketo Program because that would result in "duplicate touchpoints" -- two touchpoints for the same effort. So, I recommend mapping this out in a spreadsheet to determine what you want touchpoints for and where you're going to pull it from to avoid duplicates. Remember that you don't have to use the marketo integration if you're comfortable/able to pull from the CRM instead -- up to you! 

Hope this helps!