Re: Lead Source Value Overwritten

Richard_Wasylyn
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Lead Source Value Overwritten

We use reachforce for data enrichment, we have all the reachforce values hidding on the form that write to custom Reachforce fields, these then populate the native fields in Marketo if those fields are empty.

Whe have the similar set up for our lead source so we maintain the original values. Our forms have a custom field MKTO-lead field. We have a data management campaign on form sumbit that populates the native lead source field if it's empty with the value in the MKTO-lead-field.

Things seemed to be working but now I'm noticing on every form complete the lead source value is being updated even though there isn't any native lead source value on the field.

I've contacted support and they are suggesting that I block updates on form complete, is this a good solution? If I move to blocking updated do I think move the native field back on the form and kill my data management campaigns to update the field if it's blank?
Richard Wasylynchuk
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

it depends on how you use Lead Source. I usually use this as most recent touch field and use FT Lead Source for the first time.

The only reason I could think your form does this if you deliberately left Lead Source in there with a default or parameter value.

Maybe you can explain the situation better? I'm not sure I understand what you mean by Native.
Richard_Wasylyn
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

No lead source value on the forms at all. We have one custom field "MKTO-lead-source" with a value. Then the smart campaign that pushed that value into the lead source field if it's empty. We are using Lead Source as the first touch and the MKTO-Lead-Source as the most recent.
Richard Wasylynchuk