Re: Lead Scoring

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead Scoring

Hey all:
We are starting our lead scoring campaign and I was hoping to find some info on best practices in terms of SETTING IT UP:) I have found alot of infomration on what lead scoring is, how to do it in terms of putting a value to an action or attribute, but I have not found something on the actual look of a smart campaign for said scoring. Does anyone have something I could look at? Or would you be able to advise? Do you just create a ton of smart campaigns to go with each action - i.e. fills out form - then do that flow? then create another smart campaign like visits page and then do that flow? And when you do a flow do you choice 1 - ? or do you change score and do each action? Sorry if this is confusing haha! hopefully it will make sense to someone. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

12 REPLIES 12
SydneyMulligan
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Brienne!

Yes, I would create a smart campaign for each type of behavior. So for a "Fills out form" score, I'd do:

Smart List: Trigger, Fills out Form, Form is not Unsubscribe

Flow: Change Score: Behavior Score +10 (or whatever value you want to use)

Have a series of Smart Campaigns like that for each type of activity you want to score (Visits booth at Trade Show, Clicks link in email, etc) that are all local assets of a Default program.

Also highly recommend checking out Marketo-Fu! My good friend Joe Reitz​ made a good one about Lead Scoring here: Marketo-Fu - Episdode 12: Lead Scoring with Marketo - YouTube

But there are also many others that are helpful if you're just starting out or looking to learn more with Marketo!

Josh_Hill13

please also take a look at additional details

You searched for lead scoring - Marketing Rockstar Guides

and in the Guide on my site.

There is also a Program Import>Scoring Program example available in everyone's instance. I don't recommend it, but it is a good example.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much:) Appreciate the support!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much!! seriously- you all are great. thank you

Dan_Stevens_

In addition to Sydney's helpful advice, I would also recommend the following (and this is probably contained in Joe's and Josh's guides):

• Setup a single scoring program and define all of the point values as tokens.  This will then allow you to manage this centrally vs. having to go into each smart campaign separately.
  • If you're also doing demographic scoring, then you will also have a total lead score field (usually, the "Person Score").  As this will comprise of both the demographic and behavioral scores, be sure to also include a flow step to increase the "Person Score" by +x points.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. This is all so foreign to me!

SydneyMulligan

Great additions, Dan! Totally agree.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is very helpful. I have used basic marketing automation software with lead scoring capabilities. The largest hump for me was just getting started with a scoring model for your particular program. It will never be perfect which is why getting in with the Marketo's default lead scoring model - run a few tests with a smaller subset of emails and tweek your lead scoring values based on what you feel needs more or less weight - was the half the battle.

Thanks again Dan for sharing these resources. Brienne Edmonds​ You will be fine. Just take it a small chunks, check out the resources that everyone has shared and you will all see it come together.

I am not sure if someone has shared Marketo's lead scoring resource page, but I found it to be extremely helpful in coming up to speed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok folks- qq- i tried to import the Marketo Library for behavior and demographic lead score but i get an error like this

Behavior Score field does not exist in the target subscription

Is this something i need to fix in Salesforce or Marketo? I am confused. Sorry really new to all of this so faking it till i make it:) Sydney MulliganJosh Soffe