Re: Lead Nurturing track- Advance

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead Nurturing track- Advance

Hello Marketo users!
I wanted to pick your brain regarding nurturing.
We have 3 streams in engagement program.
Each stream has 4 emails. Each email has 2 versions 1.1 and 1.2, 2.1 and 2.2 and so on!
Now, what I need to configure is that if we send email 1.1 and recipient does not open it that person would get 1.2 but it is opened then next email 2.1 will be sent. And this is the process for all the streams.
I know we can achieve this with traffic cop but was looking for using engagement program or any other way to get better visibility and reports.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

It seems as though you could create an engagement program and separate your content into streams. Stream 1 would be all the 1.0 content and stream 2 would be all the 2.0 content. You can then set up the transition rules to move them into the different streams based on them clicking on the previous stream's email. Far easier than traffic cop! 🙂
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, Kristen is correct.

However, when I do this, I usually create child smart campaigns and smart lists to manage the movement of who gets what. you need to Wait 2-3 days after a send to decide if someone Opened OR Clicked it, then move them to Stream 2.

Do not rely on opens only, they are unreliable because not everyone downloads images. I've written about this exact situation on other threads, and I strongly urge you to think hard about pushing similar emails at someone who didn't immediately engage...at least space them out or alternate them instead of repeating immediately. That you can do easily with Engagements.