SOLVED

Lead Conversion wiping Lead Source and Lead Source Detail

Go to solution
ntopzach
Level 1

Lead Conversion wiping Lead Source and Lead Source Detail

We have a native Salesforce Marketo integration. Our Salesforce instance operates only on Contacts, so as soon as Marketo creates a lead and syncs it to Salesforce, the conversion process begins. That process intermittently wipes the Lead Source and Lead Source Detail values to [null]. Screenshot below. In troubleshooting I have confirmed:

1. Lead (Person) Source is properly mapped from Lead -> Contact (leadsource system field)
  2. Marketo Sync User has appropriate permissions to the fields (Visible checked, Read-only unchecked)

ntopzach_0-1675895061448.png

Anyone been through this before?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Lead Conversion wiping Lead Source and Lead Source Detail

You’d still have to ensure the conversion process within SFDC didn’t clear the field.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You’d still have to ensure the conversion process within SFDC didn’t clear the field.

ntopzach
Level 1

Thanks Sanford. You've helped me before actually with your UTM transfer script! Appreciate ya. Can you help me understand the steps for how I would do that (ensure the conversion process itself is not nulling the value)?

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

You (or perhaps your SFDC team) should look over the automation/workflows built in SFDC for the conversion process mentioned above to see if there's a step responsible for nulling out the Lead Source and Lead Source Detail fields. You could also apply the field-level update blocks on these fields in case you'd not want these fields to get updated once written.