SOLVED

Why lead fall into member status even if ony status "registered" in Smart campaign

Go to solution
ishavkhan786
Level 2

Why lead fall into member status even if ony status "registered" in Smart campaign

Hi There,

I created event program in which have LP with form, static list, confimration email , alert email only. 

Now how I set up the flow:

In smart list:  Trigger- fills out form and web page

In flowStep :

1- change statuse->registered,

2- send confirmation email,

3- send alert

4- Add to list

no problem with flow, but things is, I hav set the status only to "registered" upon form filled, Still few leads are coming in Member statuses (which is no where in flow step). how is this possible, what is logic behind it?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Why lead fall into member status even if ony status "registered" in Smart campaign

When a person fills out a form/gets imported into a program Marketo automatically updates their program status to the first status of the channel that is being used by the program. Check out the program membership documentation on the experience league. The people with Member status may not have filled out the registration form, but may have been added to the program by other sources, e.g., list import, other form-fill out, etc. You could check the activity log to see how people would have got added to the program.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1

Re: Why lead fall into member status even if ony status "registered" in Smart campaign

When a person fills out a form/gets imported into a program Marketo automatically updates their program status to the first status of the channel that is being used by the program. Check out the program membership documentation on the experience league. The people with Member status may not have filled out the registration form, but may have been added to the program by other sources, e.g., list import, other form-fill out, etc. You could check the activity log to see how people would have got added to the program.

ishavkhan786
Level 2

Thanks Darshil, 

in my case lead filled the form, at the time of form filled they are part of another partition A, and program created in parttion B. will it a problem? lead filled the form 31 Jan 2023 and partion updated on Feb 1, May i know lead won't get any email or confirmation or show in program if he is not in the same parttion ? but action will be performed in back end (result tab of SC or in activity log) but i cant see any actitvity in both place

ishavkhan786_0-1676614138158.png

Smat campaign was created on 14 Dec, 2022

Smart list

ishavkhan786_1-1676614379234.png

Flow:

ishavkhan786_2-1676614420363.png

Thanks,

Darshil_Shah1

Well, if the workspace is not having access to the person partition at the time of flow step execution, then the person would not flow through the campaign. Could you confirm if the WS that houses the program can see both partitions? Campaign results are sourced from the person activity log, so if there's an activity logged due to the campaign's flow execution, it should show up in the campaign's results tab as well.