Landing page with form that directs to another landing page with form

brianmcgann
Level 2

Landing page with form that directs to another landing page with form

Hello, I would like to create a landing page with a form where I would ask users to answer 4-5 questions. On that page, after completing the questions, there would be a CTA button that would read "Next Page" and the user would click that to go to a 2nd page with a form where they would answer additional questions. The reason I would be separating these into 2 pages is I would like to use the first page to capture basic information and the second page to ask more detailed and multiple questions. If the user drops off after the first page and does not complete the 2nd page, I will have at least captured the basic information on the first page. 

I believe the easiest way to do this would be to create 2 separate landing pages, each with their own form, with the first page linking to the second page. But if there is an easier way to do this, please let me know. Thank you. 

4 REPLIES 4
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Landing page with form that directs to another landing page with form

If you’re looking for capturing data of the 2 part forms separately, then I think you should be using separate forms, else you can split a single form into 2 parts and show them as multi-part forms of a single form. For some use cases it simply doesn’t make sense/isn’t too helpful if a user submits just one part of the form’s data, in that case I think you should use a single form and split it into multi-part forms, if it’s otherwise, you could create multiple form assets.

IMO, if you’re looking to create multiple form assets (and not splitting a single form into 2), then you should have an email address field on both the form assets as that is how Marketo ties lead data for each form submission. You could also add the email address as a prefilled field on the 2nd form so that munchkin-associated people from the form1 submission have it already populated. 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

IMO, if you’re looking to create multiple form assets (and not splitting a single form into 2), then you should have email address field on both the form assets as that is how Marketo ties lead data for each form submission.

You don't actually need this for session association, since the 1st form will already have associated their cookie.

There's merit to forwarding the email address to the second form - not prefilling it, adding it to the URL - for those people who have cookies disabled. But that's not about association because there's nothing to associate.

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Yes, you're right. Thank you, Sandy!

I wanted to cover the case where-in an anonymous person would directly land on the LP2, but if there aren't any entry points for the 2nd page other than the 1st page (which is most certainly the case here), then it should be just fine.

Disha_Goyal6
Level 3

Hi @brianmcgann ,

We can achieve the same result by using multi-step form. Here is the link of Marketo community that you can follow
https://nation.marketo.com/t5/product-discussions/can-we-build-two-step-form-in-marketo-by-using-cus...

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Disha