Re: Landing Page representation in Smart Campaign

sshamo
Level 2

Landing Page representation in Smart Campaign

We are trying to use a Landing Page that connects Marketo to a video we want to show people on Vimeo. We created the Landing Page and it connects to the correct URL and works (when we type in the landing page URL it takes us to the correct Vimeo). However, we want to track in a Smart Campaign who clicks this Landing Page and work with Flow actions to boost their person score and add them to a Salesforce campaign and such. Is this something that we can do with a Landing Page and Smart Campaign?

For reference, I tried to make a trigger that says if the person clicks the Landing Page URL and visits the website, then they get put into the flow, but that did not work, and the program says the trigger was not acceptable. I also tried just saying they visited the Vimeo URL, but that didn't work (which I already kind of assumed)

Any help would be awesome! Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You want a SC that triggers on Visits Web Page  with a constraint on this particular page. (By "clicks the Landing Page" I assume you mean "clicks a link somewhere else to navigate to the Landing Page," which isn't a click event per se.)

You don't need any other constraints or filters, just basic Visits Web Page. Most likely you've added too many constraints and that's resulting in people not being qualified. You can supply screenshots of your actual  SC setup for more info.

sshamo
Level 2

What you described, I believe, is what we did. All we had was the "Visits Web Page" trigger with it saying the person visits the Landing Page URL that was generated when we made that. We went into Admin and redirected this Landing Page link to the Vimeo URL we want the people to go to. Unfortunately, that did not work.

By any chance, can you not do this SC if you are doing a redirection with a link not associated with Marketo?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You most definitely cannot do this if you're redirecting the link before the person ever views a Marketo LP.