SOLVED

Landing Page Dynamic Content Not Working

Go to solution
Guitarrista82
Level 6

Landing Page Dynamic Content Not Working

Hello,

We created a dynamic landing page in Marketo last year to capture SMS sign-ups via a form.

We sent out a live email two days ago with a link to the landing page. One of our colleagues, who has an account for a specific brand in Marketo, clicked the link and, unfortunately, the tokens within the landing page did not display the dynamic content, which includes a brand logo, brand phone number and brand colors. However, the email he received, which heavily uses tokens as well, did display the dynamic content.

We use data enrichment to add the brand logo, phone number, colors and more to our customers' profiles in Marketo. 

I tested the landing page myself using the email preview for the email that was sent out. As you can see, the branding appears fine within the email, but with each of the test accounts, when I clicked on the link embedded in the footer image that says "Subscribe to Text Alerts", the branding did not carry over to the page.

Guitarrista82_2-1654535579125.png

Guitarrista82_3-1654535922323.png

In the past, we tested a ton by sending live emails to ourselves with the landing page link and the dynamic content appeared fine, but now it's not working for some reason.

Here are screenshots of the landing page:

Dynamic Content not working:

Guitarrista82_0-1654535197645.png

Dynamic content working:
Guitarrista82_1-1654535210261.jpeg

We are ramping up our SMS sign-up efforts and really need for this landing page to work correctly.

If anyone can provide input, suggestions, anything, it would be greatly appreciated.

Link to landing page:

https://promos.ovstravel.com/NEW-SMS-Opt-In_SMS-Subscribe-Landing-Page.html

Thank you!

LK

Thanks,
Laura

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Landing Page Dynamic Content Not Working

If the image has been added via the rich text module, you'd want to select the image, then click the Insert/Edit Link button. In the edit Link pop-up, make sure the Track Link checkbox is checked. This product doc should help you with the step  by step instructions! You'd want to ensure that "mktNoTrack" class isn't added to to the link HTML.

Also, if you see the "mkt_tok" param on clicking the link from email it means that the tracking on the link is enabled.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Darshil_Shah1

Is the link on "Subscribe to Text Alerts" image tracked? If not, You'd want to enable the tracking on the link for the tokens on the non-cookied browser session to work.

Guitarrista82
Level 6

Hi Darshil,

How do I verify if the image is tracked or not?

And if it's not being tracked, how would I enable tracking?

Thank you much,

LK

Guitarrista82
Level 6

Hi,

I had received the same email and I just clicked on the Subscribe To Text Alerts image:

Guitarrista82_0-1654541148957.png

I quickly took a screenshot of the LP URL and I see mkt_tok:

Guitarrista82_1-1654541208094.png

The branding (dynamic content) is appearing fine for me.

This is the same email that was sent to all of our customers on Saturday.

Now I'm really confused...Hmmmm.

Darshil_Shah1

If the image has been added via the rich text module, you'd want to select the image, then click the Insert/Edit Link button. In the edit Link pop-up, make sure the Track Link checkbox is checked. This product doc should help you with the step  by step instructions! You'd want to ensure that "mktNoTrack" class isn't added to to the link HTML.

Also, if you see the "mkt_tok" param on clicking the link from email it means that the tracking on the link is enabled.

Guitarrista82
Level 6

Thanks Darshil!

I just took a look at the email template code and found this for the module that contains the image:

Guitarrista82_0-1654544518519.png

I'm not sure why the tracking worked

But I will remove the "class=mktNoTrack" to ensure the tracking is enabled so that the dynamic segmentation will work.

Thanks for your help,

LK 

Guitarrista82
Level 6

Well, I take my answer back.

The screenshot I shared of the class=mktNoTrack was from a different email template (our testing template).

The template that the email is built from does not have the class=mktoNoTrack code in the module )-:

Are there any other possibilities for why the dynamic content is not loading?

Thanks,

LK

Darshil_Shah1

AFAIK - there shouldn't be! FWIW, you were able to view the dynamic content when you navigated from the tracked CTA to the LP, right? Also, could there be a possibility that you/your colleague while testing this earlier may have used the send sample email instead of sending the actual email to your respective person records in the Marketo database? You should use the send email flow step for testing out this and not the send sample email option within the email preview, as links in the latter are not tracked.