Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Just do it! Marketo so-called minor missing features

Added these:

-Greg

Casey_Grimes
Level 10

So, just thinking aloud here: there are definitely a few things I've noticed over time that...well, are straight up product bugs. These aren't nice-to-haves or even changing behavior types of requests. They're things that belong in an issue tracker (off the top of my head, Field Management errors in user selections, querystrings being improperly recorded/splitting across two action IDs, silent failures on certain email sends that do not log the issue anywhere or provide any instruction to remedy.) These issues can be replicated across instances, confirming that they are indeed just software bugs. If I put these as ideas, they will languish: I'm pretty certain no one else cares about them because they aren't specifically relevant to them.

All this to say I wish there was some place distinct from Ideas to communicate bugs, since Ideas isn't the right place.

Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

I always file a support ticket for such situations. They get a bit more attention that way. They won't necessarily get resolved though, so temper your expectations.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Added this one: in section 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gregoire, I wondered if you had any contact from Marketo in regards to this post?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Kara,

No, not really. I only got a few semi-amused comments during last Marketing Nation in Vegas. In the tone of "Oh, you are the guy who wrote this post..."

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since they clearly have more important things to do than fix the stuff their users actually care about (I work at a software company, so I'm not naive as to how feature priorities work), why doesn't Marketo just give some of us a git fork so we can fix the easy stuff ourselves? Could fix this in about five minutes:

Only half joking.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg, I just took the Shape the Nation - Survey (received via email today) and made a point that it would be great for product marketer to respond/ acknowledge this discussion.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Thx

-Greg