SOLVED

Re: Issue with setting up Webook through Vendor's Portal

Go to solution
Patrick_Vesely
Level 3

Issue with setting up Webook through Vendor's Portal

Hi, 

I am working with an outside vendor to get leads passed into Marketo from their site.  In trying to set up this connection, I have to set everything up in their Webhook Management portal.  

The connection to Marketo is working but I am getting an Error message and I can not figure out the solution.  When asking for assistance from the vendor, I did not get any help.  Any guidance would be so helpful.

webhook_management.png

Patrick Vesely
Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Well, first and foremost: you can't use a single webhook call to post to Marketo. The access_token needs to be fetched with a call to the /identity endpoint, and it expires after an hour.

Beyond that, it looks like they're choosing a random request format to post the data. But even if it were in the right format for the Push Lead API endpoint, it still wouldn't work after the token expires and can't be a single call.

You need to point the webhook to an intermediate service that posts the correct way to Marketo.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Well, first and foremost: you can't use a single webhook call to post to Marketo. The access_token needs to be fetched with a call to the /identity endpoint, and it expires after an hour.

Beyond that, it looks like they're choosing a random request format to post the data. But even if it were in the right format for the Push Lead API endpoint, it still wouldn't work after the token expires and can't be a single call.

You need to point the webhook to an intermediate service that posts the correct way to Marketo.

Patrick_Vesely
Level 3

that makes sense.  Thank you.

that is the same solution as one of Web Engineers mentioned.

Patrick Vesely