SOLVED

Is it possible to use sub-directories instead of sub-domains for landing pages?

Go to solution
Mathew_Kuehl
Level 3

Is it possible to use sub-directories instead of sub-domains for landing pages?

As we are getting closer to implementation completion we are starting to look at SEO improvements, and we are not sure if one can use sub-directories instead of sub-domains for landing pages in Marketo.  If this is possible what would I need to set up in the instance to make it possible?  If it isn't possible, has anyone requested this before, or what routes have they taken to work around sub-domains to improve SEO?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Is it possible to use sub-directories instead of sub-domains for landing pages?

You can use Domain Aliases to point

mycompany.com/microsite > pages.marketo.com/page1.html

you need access to Admin > Landing Pages > Rules to do this.

Otherwise, no.

There is a lot out there on subdomains vs. directories and from what I can tell, it rarely matters to most firms.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Is it possible to use sub-directories instead of sub-domains for landing pages?

You can use Domain Aliases to point

mycompany.com/microsite > pages.marketo.com/page1.html

you need access to Admin > Landing Pages > Rules to do this.

Otherwise, no.

There is a lot out there on subdomains vs. directories and from what I can tell, it rarely matters to most firms.

Mathew_Kuehl
Level 3

Thank you for the feedback, Josh.  I am the system admin, so I am able to work on this section.  I guess it is time to start digging through this part.