Re: Is it possible to send a series of emails in a thread?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to send a series of emails in a thread?

Hi! I'm interested in sending a series of emails from a single email address. When the recipient receives the emails, I'd like them to be threaded so they can see the email history when they respond (as it would in a Gmail thread, for example). Is this possible? 
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Grant_Booth
Level 10

If you copy the email thread into the body of the email, that will work. But it would need to be a new asset each time.

If you're responding to them via Outlook or Gmail, I recommend using the Marketo Outlook add-in or Gmail add-in to respond to them. It will be just like regular emails from Outlook or Gmail, but it will be tracked!

Anonymous
Not applicable

As long as you know in what order your emails will be sent you can format the next one however you want! 

IE: If you're sending 1, 2 and 3 You can send them the first. And then the second with the first embedded in it. And the third with the last two embedded in it. 

It would be as simple as copying in the other emails. It would essentially be 1 Email with 1 other email (or 2) It would just be up to you how you want to design and represent the stream of emails in 1.

But if it's a feature you're looking to "activate" I think the answer is no. But you could of course; design out your emails to do the same thing 🙂 just might take a little extra work and lots of Copying!
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Grant's suggestion should work if it is coming from a salesperson's Gmail box.

But if you are planning to do a mass email or on behalf of sales, then I'd suggest keeping

Subject Line identical or "Re: XXXX"
Email From Address identical
Email From Name identical

For each email.

You'll notice if you do tests with the same info, Gmail will collate these into a conversation.

I doubt that anyone will keep the history of the thread or care, but that's how you can do this.