SOLVED

Change value trigger not working on new lead

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Change value trigger not working on new lead

We have a trigger that sends an email when a value for a field is changed, primarily set up for list imports with a specific field checked. When a new lead is imported and the specific field is checked, the trigger doesn't work. Is there a work around for this?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Change value trigger not working on new lead

I think because you are importing that lead with that field being checked, Marketo is not seeing this as a data value change, rather a record being created with those attributes.

I would create another smart campaign with a lead is created trigger and a filter for the field being equal to true.  This should catch those that are not receiving the email.

(As Dory said 🙂  )

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Jason, you could use the trigger "Lead is created", and the filter of YOUR FIELD is True.
Valerie_Armstro

I think because you are importing that lead with that field being checked, Marketo is not seeing this as a data value change, rather a record being created with those attributes.

I would create another smart campaign with a lead is created trigger and a filter for the field being equal to true.  This should catch those that are not receiving the email.

(As Dory said 🙂  )
Josh_Hill13

Data Value Changes is NOT activated when a lead is created. As Dory said, you need to do a dual trigger:

Lead Is Created
Data Value Changes
[FILTER]

this will work.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice so far. Now I have two smart campaigns, one to capture field changes for existing leads, and one to capture new leads with at least one of the desired fields being true. For new leads, how do I handle the filters where at least one of the MY FIELDS 1 to 4 is true?

I'm not sure how the Lead is Created works with the filter. Does "use any" mean when a new lead is created (1 or 2 or 3 or 4) filter is applied? I don't want any leads that are new that don't have at least one of the fields true.

Lead is created
1- My FIELD = TRUE 
2- My FIELD = TRUE 
3- My FIELD = TRUE 
4- My FIELD = TRUE