SOLVED

Re: Is it possible to add "/" in MKTO LP urls?

Go to solution
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

Is it possible to add "/" in MKTO LP urls?

Hello,

we are looking at having more user friendly urls and yet still be able to handle languages and asset types.

Is it possible to create urls like:

https://info.talend.com/testdrive/en/big-data-sandbox.html

https://info.talend.com/testdrive/fr/big-data-sandbox.html

https://info.talend.com/testdrive/de/enterprise-data-integration.html

If yes what should I do to be able to add / . Currently Marketo doesn't allow me. Should I use personalized url or is this only to have lead name inside url?

Cécile

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jim_Thao7
Level 9

You can do this via landing page redirects.  Redirect a URL Path - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

It's not really the same, but it's a good workaround

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jim_Thao7
Level 9

You can do this via landing page redirects.  Redirect a URL Path - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

It's not really the same, but it's a good workaround

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If you use Domain Alias, that can also work I believe.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Should I use personalized url or is this only to have lead name inside url?

A pURL is meant to associate leads via URL, yes. It wouldn't ordinarily have anything to do with your project.

Interestingly, you can take advantage of the way pURLs work to create a second (but only a second, not a third) level of paths. Create a dummy pURL-enabled page en.html, another de.html, etc.  All these pages do is redirect to your real LPs using a predictable URL pattern.  In this example, you would probably append the language to the last part of the path.  So info.example.com/en/big-data-sandbox gets redirected to info.example.com/big-data-sandbox_en. The final URL the lead sees after redirection will be the single-level LP URL, but maybe it looks a little better in an ad.  You have to be strict in your naming, though. (This isn't something I've ever put into prod because it wasn't worth it, I just know it works!)

If a self-maintaining path hierarchy -- without adding Redirect Rules in Marketo as Jim correctly points out -- became a hard requirement, you can run your pages over a CDN that can do rewriting.  Again, you'd have to be strict in your underlying Marketo naming (although in this case the end-user wouldn't see the pages' real names).

Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

Thanks Jim Thao​ and Sanford Whiteman​ for your help. We do have a strict convention naming for urls that is working fine but some people in my company don't find them user-friendly. I'm creating some vanity urls for some banners etc. but the request would be to make more urls look nice and that's where I hit the wall of maintenance, consistency and INTL support.

BTW I personally believe that nobody will remember anyway an url past the .com, eventually if there is just one word after like www.company.com/download or /contact ... but that's a different story!