SOLVED

Re: IP Warming

Go to solution
Ankit_Dua
Level 6

IP Warming

I have a new dedicated email address for which I have to start IP warming. Are there any best practices here? I know we have to increase the email volume gradually and will start sending it using the confirmation email as they have the maximum deliverability rate.

Also, how long it takes up to warm up the IP? and what are the suggested email send volumes during this duration?

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Carmi_Lopez-Jo1
Level 3

Hi Ankit. You will be assigned a dedicated Deliverability Consultant at Marketo when you sign for a Dedicated IP. We will provide all the guidance you need to optimize for success during warm up and guide you through the technical bits. Thanks!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Nicholas_Hajdin
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

Are you migrating from another platform with the ability to know who you most engaged subscribers are? Ideally, you start out with a segment of your most engaged audience and slowly increase volume. Confirmation emails are typically triggered - how do you plan to batch these out?

Kevin McMahon offers some best practices found in this post: New email domain deliverability

Ankit_Dua
Level 6

Hi Nick,

Thanks for sharing the info.

No, I am not migrating from another platform. I am looking forward to move from shared ip to dedicated ip.

Also, will sending the triggered email put an effect on warming up the IP? I am planning to use confirmation emails to start for IP Warming as confirmation emails have maximum deliverability rates.

Thanks
Ankit

Kevin_McMahon1
Level 5

Thanks for the shoutout Nick Hajdin​.

Ankit D​ the post that Nick referenced was the process I went through when switching from a shared ip to a dedicated ip. I'd recommend gradually warming up your new dedicated ip with the same mindset, just tailored to your business. Start with your customers and most active audience and slowly expand to the rest of your database. It can be a bit of a pain cutting your audience but if done right will be a process you only have to do once and can help drive higher deliverability rates than what you experienced with your shared ip. For reference, here's the timeline I posted in the other thread:

Days 1-5: Less than 10,000 emails per day. Emails restricted to:

- Most active subscribers in last 30 days (visited webpage, clicked link in email, had IM, filled out form, program successes, etc)

- Customer account contacts

- Active Paid license users

Days 6-10: Less than 25,000-50,000 emails per day. Emails restricted to (in addition to above):

- Most active subscribers in last 90 days

- Score greater than 0

Days 11-15: Less than 100,000-200,000 emails per day. Emails restricted to (in addition to above):

- Most active subscribers in last 270 days

Days 16-20: Less than 300,000 emails per day.

- Most active subscribers in last 365 days

- Leads that came from a list purchase are included

Day 21+: normal activity

*Use the email sends/day numbers as a reference. If your database is small, I would recommend sending to smaller audiences.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

clicked link in email

Yikes, dunno about that one in light of mail scanners.

Kevin_McMahon1
Level 5

Good point. I'd probably remove that criteria after learning more about mail scanners in the last year.

Nicholas_Hajdin
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

Hi Ankit,

You can allow your trigger campaigns to remain active and this should help, but the volume will not be significant enough for the warm-up. A warm-up is typically managed in scheduled batches as outlined in the post I shared. You will want to schedule any of your emails to be sent to your highly engaged audience first to maximize deliverability and warm the new dedicated up.

Carmi_Lopez-Jo1
Level 3

Hi Ankit. You will be assigned a dedicated Deliverability Consultant at Marketo when you sign for a Dedicated IP. We will provide all the guidance you need to optimize for success during warm up and guide you through the technical bits. Thanks!