Re: IOS 10 Unsubscribe Link

Anonymous
Not applicable

IOS 10 Unsubscribe Link

"In case of Apple Mail, the ‘unsubscribe’ link is a prominently visible on top. This way on opening the email your subscriber’s first interaction with your email won’t be the well-designed Hero image but the option to unsubscribe. If your subscriber taps the “Unsubscribe” link, Apple Mail will send an email on their behalf to unsubscribe to the mailing list. No more scrolling to the bottom, looking for the Unsubscribe button."

Full Article>> http://www.emailmonks.com/blog/industry-updates/ios-10-unsubscribe-update/

So My question is if they click that will Marketo unsub them or will it send the unsub email to the reply email we set up?

In other articles they say depending on the ESP they will automatically do it for you instead of you receiving an email.

**Added**

I notice it only shows up on transnationals more then it does Newsletters, Sales and etc. ... and it's really random. ex. Adobe/ a hand full of emails don't show Unsubscribe and another hand full does...

Message was edited by: Derek Ward

Tags (3)
17 REPLIES 17
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

test it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I can't... All the emails I send to test never show me the link. I also sent it to others and no one gets the link... I guess that's a good thing?

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

We support this. It's the "list-unsubscribe" header in the email, which sends the email to a mktomail.com address

Anonymous
Not applicable

We use our own unsubscribe link in our emails and not Marketo's; is there a way to change that in the header?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The x-List-Unsubscribe always points to Marketo's servers. And it must point to an automatic SMTP-based unsubscribe address (not web-based), so I doubt you have the equivalent. Also note this same feature has been usable in Gmail for a long time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are new to Marketo and our previous MA platform does not do this.

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

@Valerie, as Sanford said, this has nothing to do with your email's content. This is a "header" of the email message that we add to your emails to make that button work correctly in things like gmail, outlook.com, iOS, etc... Basically, you don't have to worry about it, Marketo will unsubscribe the person automatically.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will the unsub link pull from the footer than? We do not want it to be a Marketo link since we use our own unsub URL.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

The new unsubscribe banner is not a Marketo thing - it's an iOS 10 "feature".  All Marketo is doing is making the unsubscribe process compliant for when users click on the link contained in that banner.