Integrating with Tableau

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Integrating with Tableau

Thanks Brendon! I will have to check it out. We looking at doing a custom integration with a freelance Marketo developer, was in the range of 10-15k.
Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

You may want to explore using Alteryx. They have a connector with Marketo and another one with Tableau. Should cost you about 4K per year.

Don_Castro
Level 1

Has anyone looked into using CDATA ODBC for Marketo?

Drivers for Marketo (ODBC, JDBC, ADO, CLOUD, SSIS, BIZTALK, MOBILE, EXCEL)

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've tried out the CDATA ODBC for Marketo, but found it to be very limited. I was looking to just export lead details, but it would typically error out whenever I connected. Since then I've developed my own Python script using the SOAP API to collect Marketo data and push it into a SQL database.

Hopefully you had better luck than I did if you've tried it out.

Don_Castro
Level 1

I have the same experience with CDATA.  Although it connects to Marketo, data retrieval is slow.  Tableau will be releasing their own connector to Marketo in their newest beta version 10. Here is the link.  Coming Soon

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

This has now been released, and you can directly connect Marketo to Tableau through API calls.

Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

I am an advocate of Klipfolio.

They've recently written a guide of how to go about building this:

marketo-dashboard-example.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Nicholas,

Would you be able to provide some of the logic behind this dashboard?  We are interested in recreating this in our klipfolio instance.

Kyle

Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

Hi Kyle,

I don't currently have a Klipfolio license.. what do you need help with?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We have bumped into the same issue as you had before when building analytic reports, so we decided to extract Marketo data to SQL Server database, then connected database and Tableau.

We have tried several data extraction tools including CDATA but they didn't resolve our data integration problems. Therefore, we have developed our own data retrieving tool called Data Loader for Marketo(DLM) which allows you to sync Marketo data to the database without any coding. We invite you to visit our website to have a free trial of DLM and see if this could solve your problem.

Data Loader for Marketo:  https://dlm.trend.org

Feel free to contact us for further information or any feedback are very welcome!

Sincerely,

Vivian