Events in Marketo database

Anonymous
Not applicable

Events in Marketo database

Where does event data sit in the Marketo database?  We are integrated with Tableau, and need to identify where in the Marketo database members of events in multiple channels, "live event" "webinar", etc.

In short, trying to put together a Tableau view of contacts that have attended events.

Any ideas?  TIA!

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Events in Marketo database

Hi Gilian,

These are in the program member tables. It is provided by an API endpoint called programs/{programId}, but I am not 100% sure that this endpoint is mapped in the Tableau connector for Marketo.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

We are unable to see any "Program Member" or "Member" tables in our view.  Perhaps a permissions issue?  I've contacted Marketo support, so we'll see if they have some insight.

Drew_Loika
Level 2

Hi Gillian, this is a limitation of the current Tableau connector, it does not support all of the data in Marketo. We are planning to improve this in the future.

Best,

Drew Loika
Product Manager - Cloud
Tableau

Drew_Loika
Level 2

Hey Gillian Canada and anyone else interested in Tableau and Marketo, I'd like to share that our new version of the connector is available for feedback. We'd love to hear if it works for you and how we can improve it. The new version supports all data it is possible to retrieve from Marketo that customers have told us they'd like to visualize in Tableau.

Best,

Drew Loika
Senior Product Manager
Tableau