Marketo and Tableau

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo and Tableau

Has anyone had any luck accessing the Marketo Analytics from Tableau. Looks like all I can access at the moment is Leads, Campaigns and Activity. I'd love to be able to tie into the Sales Insight Email Performance and Email Performance.

Thanks,

Marc

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Marketo and Tableau

Hi Marc,

AFAIK, Tableau relies on the data you provide via the API. So if you aren't allowing the data to flow, you won't see it in Tableau. MSI and email data are really part of the Activity Log and you would need to setup an extraction to do what you want. I would ask your Tableau admin or their consultants to help you do this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Josh. I will check with Tableau.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, Marc. Whatever became of this? I'm interested in Tableau-Marketo, too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Gabriel,

So we ended up not being able to tie into the reports I was trying to tap into (Analytics -> Sales Insight Email Performance) and left it at that for the time being as we are now looking into ABM to help support the manual process of one of my quarterly reports. What I can share with you is that using the built in API, we are able to connect Marketo and Tableau and have successfully pulled activity reporting (Basic Stats). The downfall is depending on how many e-mails you are sending out of Marketo, the data can get pretty big and load time was a big issue for me looking at any time frame longer than a week.

I hope this helps a bit in saving you some time on research if you are looking at anything other than activity reports.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you do revenue reporting like RCE in Tableau?

Drew_Loika
Level 2

Hey Marc, this is a limitation of the current Tableau connector, it does not support all of the data in Marketo. We are planning to improve this in the future, though not to the point of consuming report data.

Best,

Drew Loika
Product Manager - Cloud
Tableau

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Drew,

I'm interested in what information is available via the Tableau connector. I'm looking to pull lead activity data so we can map out user journeys and also gain better insight by overlaying email performance data with conversion data (based on Marketo tags).

Any information on what data is available would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Darshana

Anonymous
Not applicable

For anyone looking to analyze Marketo data in Tableau, there is now a set of pre-built dashboards provided by Tableau. They provide common reports for you to use or customize. You can just update the data sources in the workbooks to have them refresh with your own data.

Email Performance Overview.jpg  Web Engagement.jpg

All these dashboards are now available on Tableau pre-release site for customer download and testing. Just create a free Tableau account to access. We'd appreciate if you could give them a try, and let us know your feedback through the survey tool on the site.

Thank you!
Sean
Product Manager at Tableau

Drew_Loika
Level 2

Darshana Patel​ and anyone else interested in Tableau and Marketo, I'd like to share that our new version of the connector is available for feedback. We'd love to hear if it works for you and how we can improve it. The new version supports all data it is possible to retrieve from Marketo that customers have told us they'd like to visualize in Tableau.

Best,

Drew Loika
Senior Product Manager
Tableau