Re: I am trying to send a report of email opens to people that don't have a marketo license.

Amanda_Sharp
Level 1

I am trying to send a report of email opens to people that don't have a marketo license.

I am trying to send a report of email opens to people. Currently i have the subscription set up but the link to download the report makes them log in and they dont have Marketo.

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: I am trying to send a report of email opens to people that don't have a marketo license.

This isn't going to be possible the way you describe.

The way we've accomplished this is by logging interesting activities from Marketo to a Google Sheet using a webhook. Then, once a day, sending that day's updates from the Sheet (as text in the body of an email, not as an attachment or link) using Send Alert.

Something like Opened Email is likely too high-traffic for this approach (how many such activities are you talking about per day?). At the same time, for this to be interesting for the (I presume) salespeople getting the email it really can't be a list of 1000s of people. Who wants to look at that?

Ankit_Dua
Level 6

Sanford Whiteman​: How can we set up a webhook to pass the data of interesting moments to Google sheet? Could you please help.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Same way as with form fills. I wrote a blog post on it that's cross-posted to the Nation.

Ankit_Dua
Level 6

I will search for the blog, thanks so much.

Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

Is your setting for "Require a login to download" set to "Yes"? Subscribe to a Smart List - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

You can change it to "No" but it's not as secure as gating the data behind a Marketo login.