Re: I am trying to create a Dynamic Landing Page based on UTM Source - is this possible?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to create a Dynamic Landing Page based on UTM Source - is this possible?

I am trying to create a Dynamic Landing Page that will updated it's content based on UTM Source - is this possible?

I set up a segmentation for this and then implemented the segmentation within the landing page I created and I cannot get it to work!

See my thought process below simplified:

1. User gets to the LP from an advertisement linking to our Marketo Landing Page with a utm source of either --- utm_source=GuideA or utm_source=GuideB
  2. LP will dynamically change depending on which URL the visitor originated from (I set up the LP text to be segmented based on the utm source)

Any thoughts on why this wouldn't be working for me? Has anyone else tried to tackle a similar task -- how did you get it to work? Open to suggestions/different methods!

Thanks!

Amanda

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: I am trying to create a Dynamic Landing Page based on UTM Source - is this possible?

You're certainly on the right track.  My question is: is the Segmentation literally called utm_source with options GuideA and GuideB?  Because all of those would have to match up if you want the LP to take the seg from the query string.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Are we talking about Anonymous leads from search or Ads, or people who click via Link? If Anonymous, Marketo cannot help you there. It may be able to help if you use RTP.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amanda,

I know this question is old, but have you solved this?

Im currently in the same boat, where I'm hoping to dynamically populate 'utm_term' content on the landing page.

Is there a solution?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes! I'm interested as well. Thanks!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Please open a new thread.  Working on old threads makes answers harder to follow and search (only one answer can be marked Correct, and only by the OP).