SOLVED

Re: How to populate the native company name or lead name?

Go to solution
Ophir_Gal
Level 2

How to populate the native company name or lead name?

Hi,

As we are going WW, we have more and more leads/contacts with non-English names and companies, like Korean, Chinese etc.

How can I populate both the lead name in English and in Chinese?

Can they co-existed? 

The native name is important for personal emails in their languages. and for more.

Thanks,

Ophir

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Priyank_Joshi3
Level 6

Hi Ophir,

You can create custom fields for First Name and Last Name along with the script which translates data values into other languages.

Thanks!

Priyank

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Priyank_Joshi3
Level 6

Hi Ophir,

You can create custom fields for First Name and Last Name along with the script which translates data values into other languages.

Thanks!

Priyank

Ophir_Gal
Level 2

Thanks Priyank,

Indeed it's an easy solution but I wonder if Marketo has more out-of-the-box solution.

I guess I can open "Native First Name" filed for example - to contain whatever language.

Can you explain the script? why do I need it?

Thanks,

Ophir

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

There's no built-in Romanization (broadly, transliteration) between character sets (writing systems) in Marketo.

Even if there were, for example, built-in transformation between Japanese in Latin characters (Romaji) and Japanese in native kanji/kana characters, you would still need a different field. They could not be held in a field with the same exact name.

Can you explain the script?

If you wanted to automatically transliterate names as they came in you could use a webhook to call a service. I wouldn't call it a "script", though the underlying language might be JS. If you have the transliteration at the point of entry you wouldn't need a webhook.

Ophir_Gal
Level 2

Thanks - got it.

It's more simple use, for Inside Sales to enrich data.